The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

No 13 A sewerage treatment facility
No bonus tho.
Taken today in Beverley from A1174 near
Teckno Developments, East Yorkshire at 12.25pm.

5 Likes

@lee you sneaky thing :grin:

1 Like

No 2 An Eddie Stobart truck and trailer
Must be moving
Taken yesterday at 1.40pm at A161 Goole, near Eddie Stobart depot, East Yorkshire.

5 Likes

Should of had two Eddie Stobart trucks but probably wrong time of day. Never mind tho. Points a point. :+1:

1 Like

Running along between Wellington & Tiverton on the M5 with a canal not to far away and a jurky camera it would seem :tired_face: taken this evening around 7:30pm

1 Like

Claiming for Number 5 - “S Bend” with bonus point for cars going in both directions. Taken this evening at Spring Lane, Nottingham.

3 Likes

Look at you brazen as fuck at the side of the road, 3 weeks ago you were asking is it safe here in the middle of nowhere

You’ve come a long way young Padawan ;o)

9 Likes

:joy::joy: true trust the tech.

5 Likes

Someone’s got their grumpy old twat head on again.

I can see your frustration with some of the stupid posts and questions, as well as people not reading the rules and requirements properly but weren’t you extremely competitive not all that long ago along with bending some rules for points from what I remember?

I did suggest that a huge cruise ship was a “10 storey building”, yes.

But …

a) I submitted it knowing it wouldn’t pass …

b) you could actually SEE the object - no zooming into a 2 pixel smudge was needed
c) I wasn’t claiming I’d been hard done by another day later
d) I wasn’t quoting the rules back at the committee … a rule that actually supported the committee.

1 Like

I also already sent myself up by the fact that I was the first to respond to the 2018 challenge suggesting it was impossible … before going on to win.

1 Like

I am also not referring to any of that, just saying you are competitive, some rules may have been bent as well but hey ho.

I also said that I can see your frustration with people not reading things properly, we have all done that including me, and I also was not asking questions all the time but went back to read the rules again and again if needed.

I wouldn’t want to be in any of your shoes for these competitions, but to say it might be the last challenge/competition when for this reason gets a lot of members out to fly is not good news.

I went out last week with the intention of entering (first time out for 10 months flying), but decided not to bother because I believe my entry wouldn’t count and others on the list are not achievable without travelling for hundreds of miles so it’s just not worth it for me when others are so far ahead.

You yourself how fun this is to do but also know the expense as I seem to remember stating this in one of your posts.

1 Like

Dave, if you have an issue mate, I’m on the DM :+1:t4: No need to keep quoting me.

Yup - I think I used more diesel in those few weeks than the rest of that year … although only left Hampshire once.

As I said back then, and people have said above, sometimes you have your drone sat next to you and think … why? There’s nothing worth flying over to take pics/video? … then the challenge has you rummaging through Google and nerdy sites for all sorts. It’s a lot of fun.

I wish I could still enter.

1 Like

Please pull me out of this competition…
not being made to feel like a prick over some video that’s meant to be fun.

This is me asking to be pulled out.

Thanks

Good luck to the rest of you.

Come on guys. I know its nothing really to do with me but don’t want to lose people out competition. Its fun win or lose. :grin:

2 Likes

watch my vid joe, some tracks there’s no where to turn them round

1 Like

Leader-board updated.

[1] @McSteamy2010 [22 points]
[2] @Neil79 [12 points]
[3] @lee [11 points]
[4] @kvetner [7 points]
[5=] @macspite [6 points]
[5=] @Meondrone [6 points]
[7] @Fatboy [5 points]
[8=] @stevesb [4 points]
[8=] @JoeC [4 points]
[8=] @TonyDM [4 points]
[8=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[12] @scorps [3 points]
[13] @Jhdee [2 points]

(E&OE)

2 Likes

Easy guys, I’m just enjoying the extra ideas for filming/shooting, grateful to everyone on here , committee and members alike

would never have thought to find a tunnel whilst on my short holiday to film a steam train going backwards, or stop on the side of the road whenever i see one of the categories like a harvester.

I say just enjoy it and play (being he operative word) the game in the light manner the way it’s meant to be so everyone has fun.

Wife’s over it though :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m time rich but cash strapped. So some of this is purely an intellectual exercise. Research for possible places to provide the images is intriguing and has increased my knowledge of botany, wastewater treatment, the transport network, aviation history and mineral extraction amongst others. Dronescene has been very helpful in confirming or denying the usability of proposed launch sites and flight paths.Litchi Mission Planner and Google Earth have allowed me to test some of those plans - even the “fantasy flights” deep within FRZs and National Trust enclaves.

I have no chance of getting to all te sites I have found (details available for a financial consideration :slight_smile: ) but nonetheless I am thoroughly enjoying the competition. I wish the winner well :slight_smile: