[8=] @macspite [6 points]
[8=] @JoeC [6 points]
[10=] @stevesb [4 points]
[10=] @TonyDM [4 points]
[10=] @Drones-CL [4 points]
[13] @Jhdee [2 points]

(E&OE)

2 Likes

Lovely road trip today with my daughter to Radstock, former coal mining site that’s now a museum with the mining wheel.

1 Like

Todays road trip took us to this beautiful place.

Fenny Castle Vineyard in Wells. With my daughter holding the botttle, I didn’t open it as I can’t stand the stuff!

2 Likes

Submission for item 6:

An ‘S’ bend
I claim the Bonus point for showing cars going in both directions

Taken on July 30 2020 at 15:20

3 Likes

My submission for Item 17:

A repurposed quarry
Must be repurposed - being operated in an organised manner. - It was a working chalk quarry, now repurposed as an industrial museum and heritage centre

I claim a Bonus point as a Wikipedia link is included to the new purpose as requested - link below picture

Taken July 30 2020 at 13:55 from the Museum overflow car park (drone code observed.)

The Museum opens to the public after a lockdown layoff tomorrow, July 31.

Amberley Museum
New Barn Road,
Amberley,
Near Arundel,
West Sussex,
BN18 9LT

4 Likes

Back toward the beginning of this contest there was a wee bit of conversation about ploughing matches and country fairs being cancelled hence item 23 being a tad difficult to complete. It was around post 75 or so.and, for some reason, I thought that it was proposed that the task would be changed to something else.

Did anything ever come of it?

1 Like

In a word no.

There was a country fayre in my next door village last week ;o)

There is still one ploughing contest that is still scheduled to go ahead early next month.

I see hordes of GADC flyers descending…
Rarity creates demand :laughing:

2 Likes

Would that be in one of the areas the government is locking down again? :slight_smile:

Non :wink:

In my experience the country folk are doing the social distancing thing a lot better than the townies.

2 Likes

Number 4. Cows. Bonus for all lying down.
Help for others. The local farmer told me if they’re not lying down you can shout at the top of your voice “lie-down” and they will. Apparently it helps if there are members of the public close by. :wink:

9 Likes

now that i’m going to try :joy: :joy:

1 Like

3- A monkey puzzle tree
Bonus point if there is a monkey in it (real or stuffed toy)

do i get a bonus point for 2 seagulls have a chat about the monkey in the tree (second 5-7) :grin: :grin:

8 Likes

Nice trip down to Beer, Devon today and on route took a snap of this old quarry, now a tourist attraction for it’s beautiful caves.

5 Likes

This afternoon wasn’t a total waste of time. Had a quick stop in at the Barony Colliery in Auchinleck, East Ayrshire. The pit was closed in 1989 but the winding gear has been preserved and restored as a monument to mining and the mining communities throughout the area.

https://www.baronyaframe.org

11 Likes

Great pic … and interesting place! :+1:

1 Like

Real nice pic Joe

2 Likes