The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

The other part has already made the trip and left the lens cap on ;o)

5 Likes

bristol M4/M5

2 Likes

I’ve checked this one, this one doesn’t count :sob: that’s only 30 mins up the road :world_map:

1 Like

You can probably justify it better than I can seeing as I am on the South Coast. There is a pretty interchange at Bristol which, by my definition, is also a Motorway Intersection - it’s where the M4 and M5 cross one another.

Daylight, no traffic, even a bonus golf course

Wrong shaped leaves though :frowning:

2 Likes

Would these be classed as A roads not motorways :thinking:

My submission for Item 22 Car boot sale

This is Titchfield Car Boot Sale near Fareham, Hampshire taken on Sunday August 2, 20020 at 07:59

I also claim a bonus point if more than 50 stalls clearly identifiable - I lost count after 170, What I first thought was parking on the right of the picture are the slightly irregular lines of pitches it appears that the sellers are more enthusiastic about getting up on a Sunday than the buyers who have yet to fill the parking areas.

5 Likes

Nice :ok_hand: wow that’s busy. Social distancing at its best :joy:

4 Likes

My submission for item 10, a motorway intersection

– Whole intersection must be visible - It is.

I claim a bonus point as the photo was taken during daylight with no traffic visible

The Tipner interchange on the M275, Portsmouth. Taken Sunday August 2, 2020 at 06:17

The M275 motorway brings traffic from the M27 into the City of Portsmouth, the first junction is the Tipner Interchange which leads to the Portsmouth Park and Ride scheme - the large car park on the left of picture.

Parking is free at the moment as the bus service is suspended. Normally it costs £4 to park and take a bus into the city. The cost is per car, not per person so up to 5 people, adult or child can travel on the one ticket. The buses follow circular routes around the shopping, university and law court areas and travel is unlimited for the day of issue.

Disclosure: This is an unretouched photo that, apart from curve adjustment and sharpening, has not been manipulated. I have viewed it at full size and cannot see any vehicle on the motorway or on the slip roads and roundabout.

I did have a plan B that involved astrophotography techniques …

5 Likes

Now I think about it, there are only two cloverleaf interchanges in the UK, but the one in Livingston doesn’t involve a motorway… so I guess that means there’s only one out there that counts. Kudos to anybody who gets that bonus point! :smiley:

3 Likes

Any one point me in the right direction? I’ve searched everywhere apart from the right place. :rofl:

1 Like

Hmmm… so multiple sources confirming there are only two. The one in Livingston doesn’t count as there isn’t a motorway. I just found the other one - It’s the Redditch interchange and also doesn’t involve any motorways.

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Redditch_Cloverleaf

Is it possible this bonus point is literally impossible? :thinking:

2 Likes

#MissionImpossible theme tune in my head. :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

This would be the reason nothing comes up in a google search for

“motorway cloverleaf” :rofl:

I reckon I’ve toured every motorway in the UK 10 times on google earth looking for this basket :joy:

2 Likes

and Redditch is only haf-an-hour journey for me :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

1 Like

Important Clarification Update

The committee have discussed some of the points raised above, and have agreed that the intersection does not have to be between two motorways.

7 Likes

Happy days @Steviegeek :+1:t4:

yep… @McSteamy2010 onwards and upwards :star:

1 Like

Just to clarify, does it have to involve a motorway at all? (the only cloverleafs are between A-roads, no Ms involved)

Ooooooh S******t!

I’d forgotten about Google Earth.

All that mileage, all that diesel, falling asleep at the wheel with exhaustion …

3 Likes

I hate it when I take a wrong junction.:rofl::rofl:

1 Like