The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Great looking location though Steve ;o)

1 Like

Thought as much, :wink:

Although, was ask for 4 or more locks in a row, Just because there’s 29 locks there’s still 4 boats in a row. :smirk:

Makes sense in my head lol! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Will put the video together later hopefully :+1:t4:

I’ll make you a deal, get me a boat in all 29 and I’ll sort you out an extra Brucey bonus ;o)

*Photoshop not allowed, must be your own work, from a drone, my decision is final

2 Likes

Haha! Damn you Chris, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Nah that’s fine mate, I’m more than happy with just visiting the place today. Truly a work of art. :ok_hand:

Takes something ridiculous like 5 hours to get up there through those locks.

1 Like

My submission for Item 3: A monkey puzzle tree

I claim a bonus point as there there is a monkey in it (real or stuffed toy

In fact I have been generous and given you two monkeys to compensate for such a piss-poor effort. The tree I wanted to use is safely in a walled garden (admission £7.50) at Staunton Country Park so instead I coerced a neighbour to let me place two of Dogzilla’s toys in her stunted Chilean Pine/Monkey Puzzle/ Araucaria araucana

Dogzilla was NOT pleased with me when I got back …

Taken at 15:35, Tuesday August 4, 2020 at the rear of *Neighbours house

3 Likes

Is that person ok with their full postal address being shared here?

These are / were on my planned visits on Sunday as I should have some money for diesel by then. I’ve flown several Litchi/Google Earth missions to find the best views but now I’m worried.

Am I allowed to photograph in the same location as someone else’s previously published competition entry.?

If not then there are no easy access continuous flights that I’ve found within travelling distance - they are either spred over a length of several furlongs or overgrown by trees.

1 Like

Yes.

Sorry, didn’t think, just copy/pasted from Airdata

Wow, what’s the travel time for you to there? :scream: we could of teamed up on this one :man_facepalming:t4:

I have the time rich / piss poor problem. So although Devizes is only about 3 hours distant I had scheduled a Sunday with possible 7 stops on a circular route to maximise competition efficiency :slight_smile:

Funds become available either as a fortnightly pittance from a grudging government or the occasional small sum from selling on eBay (It starts off as a large sum but selling fees, commission, PayPal and postage erode the profit).

3 Likes

I was just making sure it wasn’t your address :blush:

1 Like

No, thanks for the concern but Macspite Towers is in a different postcode, indedd the East and the West wings have different codes from the original Tudor mansion …

5 Likes

10: A Motorway intersection
Claiming 2 points please
M1, J20 near Lutterworth
2nd August @ 6:00am
Take Off Location: 52.450089, -1.188762

5 Likes

Hi Chris
20 seconds of that 23 second video was ‘vehicle less’ better than a 1/100sec. still image but my bad for making a simple task overly complicated

I’ve replaced the OP with one using a still image.

Hope all is good now

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

That wasn’t that difficult now was it ;o)

Now just edit as an entry, and your day hasn’t been wasted

It wouldn’t let me edit the original, so I deleted it and put up again as post #614
Thank you
Enjoy your evening :slightly_smiling_face:

…certainly not wasted, got two more done today :smile:

:+1:

I look forward to them ;o)