The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

That’ll be Hyperlapse?

Don’t worry mate, you’re not the first to do it and you won’t be the last either :slight_smile:

Pull that shot off and we’ll end the competition right here, right now and declare you the winner :rofl:

:point_up:t2:

THIS.

4 Likes

I wish I could explain the frustration of sitting here daily reading these updates with my list printed waiting for me to photograph.

Tenerife have had 162 deaths during the whole covid pandemic yet upon my return to the uk I have had to quarantine for 14 days :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I will then go away for few weeks work with the military leaving me 17 days to take and submit my images.

AND CAN I FOR THE LIFE OF ME FIND ANYTHING RELATED TO A GUINNESS WORLD RECORD!!!

At this point I will be taking pat for fun :joy:

1 Like

I think that’s why all of us are doing it. It’s a challenge, it gives a purpose in where we go and it exercises the little grey cells. The prizes, while nice to have, are a little like fairground prizes - not commensurate with the expense involved in getting them. Top prize is a hundred quid voucher - well worth having but young @McSteamy2010 has put about 10,000 miles on his car so when you add up the cost of fuel, parking and speeding fines …

So, for me at least, it is stimulating, gets me planning and looking at maps and trying to work out how to get bonus points but above all - FUN

4 Likes

That’s not to say i was taking part solely to compete I am enjoying being involved, I am still new to drone flying and drone photography.

It’s a change from flying in my lunch hour on the same beach that I have been since I bought the drone. Plus my job sees me managing my own time, route and destination (within reason) so work are paying for my mileage so long as I can justify being in that particular part of the northwest of England.

So taking part as mentioned above has made me think of flying and photographing in places I would never have gone.

2 Likes

15: A vineyard
Claiming 2 points please
Welland Valley Vineyard
4th August at 9:30am
Take Off Location: 52.461007, -0.958931

Here’s raising a glass to you all :wine_glass: :smile:

5 Likes

13: A sewage treatment facility
Claiming 2 points please
Minworth, near Sutton Coldfield
5th August at 3:30pm
Take Off Location: 52.528161, -1.741709

2 Likes

:poop: Central!

1 Like

Sneaky one that, don’t overthink it ;o)

1 Like

4 Likes

Haha, love it! True dat! Well hopefully not the speeding fines :grimacing: nothing through the post yet :crossed_fingers:t4:

I’ve spent the top prize 10 times over on fuel and parking :rofl: but I’ve had some good trips.

Think I’ve over thought every single bloody one. :joy: my PC has never been worked so hard in its life :exploding_head: and the SAT NAV is wondering what the hell is going on. :man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I have definitely over thought it :joy:

my search history is so random at the moment it’s quite funny.

1 Like

Same :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Been putting the family through acting school so they can rein-act a record whilst I film it… getting them to walk a tight rope 20,000 feet up is proving difficult, and I’m running out of family members. :man_facepalming:t4:

5 Likes

There;'s the record, right there:

Longest survivable fall from a tightrope.

19.999 feet

3 Likes

Why don’t you attempt one yourself and film it. With all the stockpiling of toilet rolls a tower of 28 in 30 seconds seems feasible. It’s in the Guiness book of world records.
Or try the amount of clothes pegs attached to the face in 30 seconds, 52 to beat the record.

2 Likes

You can borrow some of my in-laws if you like :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

But being on a committee is self-inflicted, a bit like a hangover. I know, I used to be on one :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

No 3 A monkey puzzle tree
Bonus point if monkey in it

Photo was taken today at 05:39 with Owners permission

6 Likes

I know that feeling, I was coaxed onto 2 committees almost ended up as chair of one :man_facepalming:t3: They can quickly take over your life. I still sit on both at present.

4 - Cows in a field
Note, cows - plural
Bonus point if they’re all laying down

7 Likes