The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

These are / were on my planned visits on Sunday as I should have some money for diesel by then. I’ve flown several Litchi/Google Earth missions to find the best views but now I’m worried.

Am I allowed to photograph in the same location as someone else’s previously published competition entry.?

If not then there are no easy access continuous flights that I’ve found within travelling distance - they are either spred over a length of several furlongs or overgrown by trees.

1 Like

Yes.

Sorry, didn’t think, just copy/pasted from Airdata

Wow, what’s the travel time for you to there? :scream: we could of teamed up on this one :man_facepalming:t4:

I have the time rich / piss poor problem. So although Devizes is only about 3 hours distant I had scheduled a Sunday with possible 7 stops on a circular route to maximise competition efficiency :slight_smile:

Funds become available either as a fortnightly pittance from a grudging government or the occasional small sum from selling on eBay (It starts off as a large sum but selling fees, commission, PayPal and postage erode the profit).

3 Likes

I was just making sure it wasn’t your address :blush:

1 Like

No, thanks for the concern but Macspite Towers is in a different postcode, indedd the East and the West wings have different codes from the original Tudor mansion …

5 Likes

10: A Motorway intersection
Claiming 2 points please
M1, J20 near Lutterworth
2nd August @ 6:00am
Take Off Location: 52.450089, -1.188762

5 Likes

Hi Chris
20 seconds of that 23 second video was ‘vehicle less’ better than a 1/100sec. still image but my bad for making a simple task overly complicated

I’ve replaced the OP with one using a still image.

Hope all is good now

Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

That wasn’t that difficult now was it ;o)

Now just edit as an entry, and your day hasn’t been wasted

It wouldn’t let me edit the original, so I deleted it and put up again as post #614
Thank you
Enjoy your evening :slightly_smiling_face:

…certainly not wasted, got two more done today :smile:

:+1:

I look forward to them ;o)

Think you should all have a break and a nice rest. That way I can stay second :joy:. No doing great everyone I think. Where all putting in serious hours travelling :grin:.
Did hear a rumor that Chris was paying our fuel costs :rofl:.

2 Likes

Yeah, right. :slight_smile: Plenty of time to rest once this war, err, friendly competition is over

I think we should be allowed to take a taxi everywhere and present a receipt for re-imbursement

1 Like

My submission for item 19 - A motorway and railway line, – Must be running alongside each other

Unfortunately no canal, not even an alimentary, auditory or root. No bonus, far canal! :slight_smile:

Taken 08:40, Sunday August 2, 2020 , off Botley Road, Swanwick

This is the M27 that becomes a motorway where the A27 runs just north of Portsea Island and becomes the A31 after the junction for Cadnam, west of Southampton. This is the view from Swanwick (about 1/4 mile west of Swanwick station) looking toward the M3 junction and to the New Forest beyond.

The railway line is operated by Southwestern and connects the Portsmouth area to Southampton The line curves south, away from the motorway as they begin to cross the River Hamble.

To the right of the motorway, by the river bridge and hidden by trees is the building known to most in aviation as “Swanwick”. Its official title is the Swanwick National Air Traffic Services Centre; it eventually opened in 2002 but I installed video conferencing equipment there in 1997 when it was “opening soon.”.

1 Like

Haven’t you already submitted this? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh God Yes, I’ll delete it now before the mods see it :scream:
THANK YOU

2 Likes

Haha, thought I was going mad :joy::exploding_head: good try though :wink::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

no, that’s me that is, my brain has never been wired right :exploding_head:

1 Like