The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

there’s a long way to go yet…keep :smile:ing

2 Likes

Sorry Neil, got to make the most of the weather whilst we’ve got it! Could rain for the next 5 weeks :smirk::crossed_fingers:t4: Here’s hoping :imp:

2 Likes

Love it! :slight_smile:

Will admit, was a bit gutted reading that one on the list… there was a huge (easily 50ft) in the garden next door when we moved in here. It blew down in a gale about 3 years ago.

1 Like

The amount of research I’ve put into one of these! :tired_face: think I’m going to have a word with the manager at the local garden center :wink::pray::smirk:

2 Likes

McSteamy2010 :joy: I’m off camping so be lucky to find much but never know. I’ll still try to catch ya tho :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I had this same issue with the Gypsy challenge! We’ve had one down the road complete with horses since beginning of lockdown! They moved on about two weeks ago :sob:

1 Like

I think this sums up my reaction researching how far I’d have to drive for most of these… :wink:

4 Likes

Joe - this is said by someone (many people) every challenge … and then they seem to find them and do well.

This even happened in the first reply in the first ever Treasure Hunt.
… ironically, that person won the challenge. :eyes:

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t say I wouldn’t drive the length of the country to get a picture of 15 beach huts… :wink:

3 Likes

I never drove out of my county in the end.

There ARE beach-huts in Scotland too. :+1:

There’s even some for sale at similarly ridiculous prices to down here!

(Well - not quite so ridiculous as some down here. £330k )

1 Like

We even have a ‘vineyard’… picture to follow :wink:

3 Likes

Yup - aware of that.
And (whilst nothing to do with this challenge :thinking: ) some excellent strawberry growing because of the long daylight. #WhodaThunk

1 Like

On a side issue a lot of strawberry fields have gone empty round me, farmers complaining no Eastern European staff to pick them :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Taken this morning Pleasley colliery

No 16 A repurposed coal mine – Must be repurposed - not just abandoned – Bonus point if pit head winding gear also in shot

Pleasley Colliery is a former English coal mine. It located to NW of Peasley Village it is know mining museum

Bonus point pit head

10 Likes

Taken about an hour ago near bury

2 Likes

Taken today at this location !

3 Likes

Found one! :sweat_smile: but with no bonus sadly.
Location: huntspill near highbridge in Somerset. Taken just minutes ago. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Yapton Sewage Treatment Works. 21/7/2020

3 Likes

Please read the rules regarding Submission, and edit to include the required information that’s missing.
Thanks

Take off and landing from RAF Ford runway. 21/7/2020