The Kelpies, Falkirk

Some images from this evening of The Kelpies lit red for Remembrance Day.
Shot on my Nikon Z6, exposures range from 10 secs to 30 secs to try and get a bit of movement in the clouds.

18 Likes

For info:
Standing at 100ft tall and weighing more than 300 tonnes each, the magical Kelpies are a man-made wonder and a feat of engineering. The works of art, created by artist Andy Scott, have become iconic on the landscape after being modelled on real-life icons of times gone by — Clydesdale horses Duke and Baron. The Kelpies represent the lineageof the heavy horse of Scottish industry and economy, pulling the wagons, ploughs, barges and coalships that shaped the geographical layout of Falkirk.

The Kelpies’ name reflects the mythological transforming beasts that possess the strength and endurance of 100 horses; a quality that’s analogous with the transformational change of the area’s landscapes, endurance of its inland waterways and the strength of its communities.

1 Like

Great photos John :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like

Cheers Rich :+1:

2 Likes

Yet another stunning set :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
They’re all fabulous but I particularly like No. 5 with the reflection :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John :+1:

WOW! amazing John :ok_hand:

1 Like

Stunning - and the low glow in the sky adds to it (if you ignore all the walkway lighting!)

1 Like

Cracking set of images.

1 Like

Thanks Steve :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Rod :+1:

Thanks Richard :+1:

Thank you for sharing. Fantastic pictures, may we never forget.

1 Like

Thanks Keith :+1:

fab photos, nicely done

1 Like

Cheers Barrie :+1:

These are stunning images - Nikon should recruit you.

2 Likes

Cheers John :+1: I’m ready when they are :joy:

1 Like

Fantastic pictures John :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers Graham :+1: