The Legend of the Devil's Bridge, Kirby Lonsdale - is it a tale of woe?

This is a video of the Devil’s bridge over the River Lune in Kirby Lonsdale. The Legend is well known at similarly named bridges all over the UK so he must of gotten about quite a bit! If you don’t know what the legend is then it is explained in the vid so watch till the end!

This is the first video I’ve done using Davinci Resolve after I downloaded it late last week. I must say, I thought Photoshop was a challenge to the unitiated, but this software is a piece of work that bites back! Hopefully, those to come will be put together somewhat better than this one once I get the hang of it! See what you think anyway …

8 Likes

Lovely part of the country, I went to boarding school in Sedbergh, Jim Bowen once started a half marathon from that very bridge in 1983, one that I was running in, he was very rude, not what we expected after his time on Bullseye.
Great video thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thx @yorkie9668 Mark. We stayed just outside of Sedbergh near Garsdale Head. I did a video of our cottage stuck in the middle of nowhere. There was just one other cottage half a mile away and that was it! I’ll put it out next week prob.

I loved it there in Sedbergh, need to pay a visit soon, thanks for sharing the vids

1 Like

Nicely told, a familiar story that is no doubt shared around many parts of Britain. Nice flight, great to see you venture under the bridge. You obviously have purchased a new mic, as it sounds a lot different :rofl::+1:

1 Like

@clinkadink Thx Chris. I replied in YouTube but yes the sounds better in Davinci Resolve and the narration was a download off Kirby Lonsdale website. Lost signal under the bridge and seemed an eternity before it came out. :exploding_head:

Great video Colin, did you use a voice changer ?
Sounded spooky :smiley::clap:t2:

2 Likes

@Kirky No Rich, I wished it was my voice I’d make a fortune in voiceovers; it was a download from the Kirby Lonsdale website. No way could I have done it better. :grin: Vid turned out ok though considering I had corrupted the entire timeline yesterday!

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
Hopefully going tomorrow.:ok_hand:

1 Like

Well done mate, I reckon you got someone to narrate it :sweat_smile: jokes

1 Like

@October thx Paul. Hopefully it will stay dry for you. :crossed_fingers:Watch out for old Nick and look for his hand print! :rofl:

@yorkie9668 I’ll PM you with the link to my, as yet, unlisted vid of the Gorsdale Head road. :shushing_face:

Garsdale Head Old Road! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

@D0c.Col Superb video and what great story voice! :clap::clap:

1 Like

@TallTakes Thx Paul glad you liked it. I was going to do the story but found a narration download instead. I wish I could replicate it, as I could make a fortune in voiceovers! :rofl:

…and there was me thinking it was you, in that case its rubbish ! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl: