The Moffat Spitfire

Our holiday base for this week is Moffat in the Scottish borders, weather permitting I have a few locations I hope to fly but I thought I would share this flight from today straight away.
In his front garden retired GP Hamish Macleod has a full size replica of a world war II Spitfire,
an information plaque provides a history of the original aircraft PT462 and a collection box is provided with donations going to the RAF benevolent fund. The aircraft has been left to the people of Moffat and when the time comes it will be moved to the gardens of nearby Dowding house RAF retirement housing.

6 Likes

Passed through Moffat today… unfortunately was hissing it down :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We went to Peebles glorious sunshine , got to Galashiels about 3pm and got soaked , heading back past St Mary’s loch it was raining but when we got down to grey mares tail the ran stopped the sun broke through so I popped the drone up and took some video and stills

What a top bloke !! :+1:

1 Like

Here is the Blackpool Spitfire, There is also a replica at Fairhaven Lake, St. Anns, which I have posted pictures of in the past.

Lytham St Annes Spitfire Memorial - Visit St Annes.

4 Likes

Cracking photos ,thanks for sharing

Regards
Dave from Scotland