The never ending "I crashed my drone thread" 🔥

Oooo, I didn’t know you’d done this.
Must have been some hell of a bang
Hope you get it sorted soon :+1:

Video interference from another pilot caused me to lose all video so had to dump it and it landed on concrete from about 100m up. It’s a £30 fix so should be back in the air in not time :+1:t2:

1 Like

I was helping John look for his quad and I heard a massive thud. Wondered what it was.

Then I saw @DeanoG60’s quad sat there.
It was sat there 2 legs in the air.
When I picked it up I noticed the carbon arm was snapped. :grimacing:
I had to be the bearer of bad news as I delivered it back to Dean

2 Likes

It’s all good they’re built to be crashed. Can always be fixed (as long as you can find the wreckage :rofl:)

That’s the beauty of building them from scratch, you gain the knowledge of being able to fix them no matter what is broke because you put it all together yourself :slightly_smiling_face: spare parts can get expensive so best to avoid crashing if possible though :rofl:

1 Like

Oh shit, that must have hit the ground hard :grimacing: Glad it’s not to hard or expensive to fix though :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Preaching to the converted mate :heart:
I’ve had more than my share of practise :rofl::laughing:

Bennerley Viaduct took it’s toll on me yesterday as well.
I blame signal loss, I’m sure I banged the throttle up before impact :thinking:

Yet more time in the repair shop.

:frowning_face:

Ouch!

1 Like

That looked like another hard hit Steve :grimacing: What damage did it do? Hope you get her up in the air again soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

Hardest bit was getting to the top of the bridge to recover it.
Was a lovely ride on my scooter along the canal footpath. There was ducks and moorhens :joy:

not so lovely a climb up the steep bank from the ralway line, legs covered in scratches, wifey wants to know what i’ve been doing :innocent:

Hi Steve
mainly just 3D prints, lost the BN880 but have another in my spares box, no worries :smiley:

1 Like

That looks like a kamikaze mission! at least you know someone that can repair it :wink:

Another misshap from Bennerley - Total loss of video and luckily landed 3 feet away from a pond.

15 mins to find it and the result was a broken prop - luckily

3 Likes

Started to strip it down and found this.
Fortunately it’s an open source frame and I know a place in the UK who will cut me a replacement plate :+1:

Double OUCH!

Get 2

1 Like

1 for you ?

Yes. To sell back you you :laughing:

@notveryprettyboy
£42 incl part carriage, not cheap, still want one ??