The ongoing saga of the fish farm

Of course if salmon get into fresh water the sea lice usually drop off …no chance with these farms. Anyway I prefer tinned salmon :rofl:

1 Like

Signed.

1 Like

If they escape they are breeding with wild salmon, this is causing unhealthy genes and diseases to be passed on.

1 Like

Signed. :+1:

1 Like

You might like to know that’s my drone footage on the petition. We took Matt Mellen from Ecohustler out on our boat around the nearby fish farm and then I did the aerial stuff of the thermolicer boat a bit later. This is a bit of an eye opener! https://youtu.be/0Ps00xWKEhY

That’s a real eye opener. Well done.

1 Like

signed.

1 Like

Thanks David

Signed.

1 Like

Signed :+1:

1 Like

Signed :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

We thought we would go for a swim in the loch last night, until we saw all the brown scum by the edge, not just your usual sea foam. On Twitter Scottish Sea Farms denied it was anything to do with them

Then we noticed the fish farm was working (7p.m.) and there was a huge cloud of mist in the air.
So I took the drones down there today to investigate. Not just an ordinary pressure washer!

2 Likes

How than this be allowed?
This is downright pollution of the lock

2 Likes

It is. It is a Marine Special Area of Conservation (like an SSSI), yet SEPA will do nothing because the Scottish Government is promoting fish farming. They want to double the industry by 2030.

signed - this is disgusting

1 Like

Signed.

2 Likes

Signed

1 Like

That is absolutely abhorrent and that water christ.

Signed the petition.

1 Like

That video needs sending to the BBC or ITV London (Not Scotland!) it may get on national news then.

2 Likes

You’re right Ross, we need to do a press release and get it aired some more. Just been so busy.