The reason I bought when I did

well, looking at the recent flurry of anti-drone media, I’m pleased I bought my drone when I did, I had followed the media for a while before spending my earned, the model I chose fits into my camera gear & suits my needs. I work in a heavily regulated industry,(ecig / vaping) most of which came about with a knee jerk reaction from those in power either wanting a slice of it or not fully understanding it - I see something similar happening to drones tbh.
I wanted to get into drones before regulation kicked in & I’m quite happy sitting on my gear until the flurry of bad press subsides, and the regulation calms somewhat as that seems to be happening in my chosen line of work after a few years. Sadly, it only takes 1 or 2 bad press releases to do (often unfounded) damage to something, but hey - bad press sells more :wink:

1 Like

It must be understood by all that it’s not the drones. It’s the idiot controlling it.

3 Likes

very true, and I’m not opposed to anything being regulated, can be a double edged sword at times, but generally a good thing if done with some sense by the powers that be

1 Like

Don’t get me started on vaping and the TPD. 10ml bottles and 2ml tanks. Still angers me to this day.

3 Likes

yes, a wonderful example of bollotics @ work :smile: upside for manufacturers is now you buy larger than 2ml glass as an ‘extra’ doesn’t help the end users pocket but means still a workaround (as always) !

2 Likes