The speed limit - FPV and Racing Quad Style - Discussion

You’re confusing the DJI FPV drone…

…with the DJI FPV System

Two entirely different systems ( though the goggles are common to both )

3 Likes

There’s DJI FPV = a drone. And there’s DJI FPV Goggles. :wink:

3 Likes

Ok. Bonus point for both? :confounded::man_running::dash:

With the DJI FPV system the Air Unit ( either the original DJI type in the pic above or the smaller Caddx Vista ) can be fitted to a wide range of drones. It provides video back to the goggles ( the DJI one can also record 1080P video onboard ) and can also act as the radio control receiver.

It can also pass On Screen Display data from the flight controller back to the goggles, but crucially neither the air unit nor the goggles record this information along with the video.

1 Like

The daft thing is … I did briefly own this system (above) :man_facepalming:

So the only options for most fpv users are to have either a blackbox or video osd with speed / sats as not all fpv record the osd and not all fpv have a black box.

@MartG1960 is the .bbl non hackable?

I believe it’s a text file so it can be edited freely :slightly_frowning_face:

So can AirData though. Any log can be edited prior to manual upload.

Have you tried editing the DJI log file you upload to Airdata?

I mean. You can … if you can decipher it. But some are plain, intelligible, text that are easily faked.

So if we can’t trust everybody, and we can’t, there’s no point in having the chart :man_shrugging:

FFS!!

The DJI .txt flight logs that Airdata uses look like this … effing good luck to anyone faking them.

1 Like

A betaflight log

Yes - but I read above you can convert that to csv/text/legible?

With Aidata, the format above is what you upload - so if it’s in Airdata it can’t have been edited.

I understood that it would be possible to download csv, update it, and then reupload. However that is not the case, only the encrypted txt files can be uploaded. Therefore, I retract my statement. AirData provides an immutable record. I.e. it is non hackable.

1 Like

I think we can and should trust people.

But the original raw blackbox log can be verified using the free blackbox viewer

And that’s online like Aidata?

I understood above that it’s local to the user and it converts it to editable .csv

No the raw file is what it is. You can change to csv, but not back again. So a raw would be proof

It could be used to show the file is valid, but as yet Blackbox Viewer doesn’t show the GPS data, just stick position, motor settings etc. , hence having to use blackbox_decode to extract the data from the logfile :frowning:

Hence why I included a link to the raw file in my post above so anyone can check it if they wish :wink: