The Wrekin AONB - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The Wrekin Summit is 407m High. My brother and I took 35 mins to get up there and 15m to come down!

The Wrekin is located some five miles (8 km) west of Telford, on the border between the unitary authorities of Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin. Rising above the Shropshire Plain to a height of 407 metres (1,335 feet) above sea level, it is a prominent and well-known landmark, signalling the entrance to Shropshire for travellers westbound on the M54 motorway. The Wrekin is contained within the northern salient of the Shropshire Hills AONB. The hill is popular with walkers and tourists and offers good views of Shropshire. It can be seen well into Staffordshire and the Black Country, and even as far as the Beetham Tower in Manchester, Winter Hill in Lancashire and Cleeve Hill in Gloucestershire.

The nearest carpark is at Little Wenlock, Telford TF6 5AL

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 29/07/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.