This DJI drone only needs 3 propellers to perform aerial photography

Imagine the devastation of a flyway… As for a camera. Imagine size of the lens you could use… Who cares about A1… Even flying far away from people, you could fit such a huge lens to this thing, you’d be able to film the area you can’t fly in. Privacy would go straight out the window, if DJI released this thing. The CAA would have to tear up the rule book and rethink everything.

Takes me back to the video on Geeksvana, showing a guy having shot at a drone, confronting the pilot of said drone, carrying the gun, in the street and waving it about… I would have asked him… do you shoot at every plane and satellite that flies over your property. Becasue there are plenty of planes and helicopters and even satellites, that have far better cameras, than any of these DJI drones ever will… and how about shooting everyone with a smartphone, just in case they took a photo or shot a video of you in your garden or anyone with a camera.

If you want privacy anywhere in the world… Don’t connect to it and hide a way in a sound proof box with no windows, a few hundred feet underground, that generates it’s own power, cleans the air of every thing, supplies it’s own clean water and produces all the food you will ever need… OR learn to live with he fact that someone is going to see you do whatever it is you don’t want them seeing you do, no matter how hard you try to hide… So just remember, as long as what you are doing isn’t against the law, you really have nothing to worry about… Hardly going to see a story in the local paper or on the news, about an average guy, seen mowing his lawn, or relaxing in his garden drinking orange juice

1 Like

Well blow me sideways (and thank God my old physics prof didn’t see my last post- This is the Cierva W11 Air Horse, built in the UK. All rotors rotated in the same direction but because of the tilted rotors it worked (somehow)!

cannot comparean electrical motor like those used in drones to internal combustion engines. electric motors do not actually lose efficency at all. the higher they rev the more power they deliver, but also consume a lot more power over a certain ropm… with brushless motors they keep on delivering more power the more power you give them… for example a brushless might be doing 30,000 rpm but now up its battery voltage and watch the power rise, it gets t osa point of self destruction before a major power loss… ic engines are ported for a certain amount of hp and torque, an electric motor just keeps on delivering the torque unlike an ic engine.