This is an astonishing RTH flight with a Mini 4Pro (not mine)

I can’t tell if this is ‘real’ or not, but if it is, it’s brilliant

12 Likes

That is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Back over 5 years ago, in the good old Mavic Pro days - far less sophisticated obstacle avoidance than the current drones - this still remains my :exploding_head: of RTHs … and it’s s genuine “emergency” RTH by a member.

1 Like

I mean, it’s brilliant muted…

4 Likes

Excellent flight, keeping it low to avoid the twigs and thin branches is the perfect solution!

1 Like

Nice video.

1 Like

Truly impressive!

1 Like

he’s got good eyesight with that being vlos flying… :popcorn:

(appreciate not from these shores… but just saying it’s almost impossible to always 100% without fail to always be vlos… and anything airborne has bigger problems if they hit that drone in that forest… sometimes “the rules” can be wrong… even though they are rules… sometimes they should be fixed when they are daft… blos below highest observation in 500m should be acceptable)

2 Likes

That was great watching the green RTH bar changing as it worked out the route and kept on changing it when it saw a better route. Like it. Do not think I would risk that with a Mavic 3 lol…

1 Like

First Try of Active Track on the DJI Mini 4 Pro (youtube.com)
The active track is pretty good. Not actually flown a M4P but they do look pretty good. Not been confident enough with the Mavic 3

1 Like

What I am not sure about is whether the drone ‘remembered’ how it got to where it was, and effectively followed the route back home … impressive none the less.

Very true Robert. Whether it’s adjusting camera settings or framing a shot. Can any of us honestly say we’ve maintained 100% vlos ( at all the time the drone is in the air ) :wink:

mind you, it looks like DJI may have solved that with the new avata goggles having a camera in the front of them… (not sure why they need 2 cameras though when 1 would have done… but what do I know)

Ooooo that sounds good.

1 Like

That’s very impressive. I have no reason to doubt it, but I’m more impressed it may have retained a GPS signal in all those trees.

2 Likes

One for each screen? Apparently implemented badly, but sure they can sort with software, it’s just pass through afterall, with an FPV overlay. 2 cameras will be more natural. Wonder the cost though…

I too am amazed at this video of it coming back through an those trees… Impressive stuff.

Agreed

1 Like

He must have set the parameters so the rth height no more then 2 MTRS otherwise would it not go up and then back down to home point, if this is not the case it’s impressive.

My wee grandson wanted to see it and in my wisdom thought just let it hover but with all the sensors it would not land or fly so thought flick it into sports mode and land, it went crazy I had to quickly grab underneath and flick it :scream:

1 Like

advanced rth?

How to Use Smart RTH On The DJI Mini 4 Pro Drone – heliguy™.

2 Likes

This is another YouTuber that has been following the ‘weird’ RTH ideas.
He decided to do some more testing, and it’s impressive what the Mini 4 Pro is doing here

I don’t think I will be repeating his experiments!

1 Like