This is when you know you have the bug

When you are sat watching some crap on tv and thinking about how you could “try” powelooping all the gaps i see on various buildings on tv :joy:

#toomuchsimtime

2 Likes

I do this. Although slightly differently as I own an FPV drone but have been too scared to fly it so mine is more thoughts of “I wish I had the kahunas to get out and fly my FPV and powerloop through that gap”.

:slight_smile: :crazy_face:

Andy.

2 Likes

Its the same weird thing that happened to me all those years skating, im walking around town looking at “nice” hand rails and planters.

2 Likes

I’ve not really tried on anything other than a goalpost but I intend to soon

Yeah, nice gaps, holes, windows, trees etc

And then the weather changes :weary:

Mine is mostly just “ahhh ill never get to fly here”

1 Like

This has given me anxiety about flying mine. I think I need to bite the bullet and put some big boy pants on and actually do it. VLOS first as I don’t have any goggles.

I’ve had it for 3 years and it’s never been off the ground as it scared me with its loudness and power.

The DJI FPV is very appealing with its stop button!

Andy

Just crash it, thats half the fun and the only way to learn really.

Flying LOS is seriously hard! Get some goggles and go fpv style. It’s much easier to control and way more fun too :wink:

2 Likes

That’s probably the best advice ever to be fair. I will (try not to) and I’ll report back with my findings.

It’s a Furibee x215 Pro. What do you chaps have? And any tips most welcome!

Andy

I’ve been practicing on a simulator on my PC in all modes but I’m interested as to why you think it’s harder VLOS. In horizon mode might help me for a bit and progress on to atti once confident.

I do like the the fact my Air 2S is stable though!

Andy.

That will definitely help alot to give you a feel for it

I think it’s alot easier fpv style because you always know your orientation. LOS especially as you get a bit further away its easy to lose your orientation. When you lose orientation it’s can go downhill real quick. Every adjustment you try to make when you’ve lost orientation multiplies your problems. I’m only going on my own (limited) experience. I found it very difficult. There are alot of people that fly LOS on YouTube etc that are amazing at it and I have alot of respect for their skills.

The Air 2S is a fantastic drone, I have the original Air 2 and love it for photography :grinning: fpv style quads are a different beast entirely to gps controlled camera drones. You’ll see soon, the fpv quads are an amazing amount of fun to fly :grin:

1 Like

Deffo don’t try to learn LOS I fly planes LOS all the time and can barely fly in a straight line with my quad LOS

I would highly recommend using acro trainer mode rather than horizon or level mode and if you are dead set on one of those id use level mode over horizon for fpv flying.

@SirGunner thank you for the tips. I flew a lot of gliders and planes in my youth with my dad so used to only flying LOS. Probably been away from flying RC for 30 years though so also the reason my furibee scares me. It’s fast and loud and scary.

@Fluffy great tips too thank you. I saw a recent video about enabling acro trainer on software so I’ll check that out.

I think I’ll need more practice on the simulator before I’m really confident enough.

Just get out there. I had two tiny hawk’s for a year. Only flew inside. Took them out with these guys. 2 weeks later had built a 5 inch drone. One week later I lost that drone. 2 weeks later rebuilding it again lol.

Do it. Don’t love the drone. Love the flying.

5 Likes

You’ve all inspired me to do so thank you.

Just need to read up on fov rules and regs and get out there.

Cheers

Andy.

1 Like

They take more of a beating than you’d think just remember to disarm and you should be fine…I’d stock up on spare props though.

2 Likes

I started off with some basic LOS flying before putting the goggles on.

It’s a different world with goggles on and so much easier and more emersive

2 Likes

Be content with just catching the bug. Start to worry when it becomes a chronic sickness.

Hello. My name is Nidge, and I’m sick.

4 Likes