This looks a great charger - but not in UK (yet?) - Power tool battery to USB adaptor

I just watched this on 51 Drones, and to me, this looks a great idea … use the battery from Ryobi Power tools to charge you drone/phone etc.

It’s not listed on Amazon, but I will keep an eye open!

3 Likes

A great idea! … unless you have Makita … or other makes. If they’ve been clever they’ve designed adapters.

Bosch make one, belt clip included, cheaper copies are also available from eBay et al:

They’re probably available for most major makes? :thinking:

DeWalt and Makita:

You know that drawing attention to these means that everyone is gonna turn up to their next local meet with three random power tool batteries in their drone kit bag now, right? :rofl:

1 Like

I’m glad I have provided such a valuable service to the local meets :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was going to say not me as I use Worx.
But worx do one as well. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

DeWalt’s official one is ridiculously over priced at £75

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeWalt-DEWALT-DCB090-Power-Source/dp/B00EYSUK7W/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2GJ175K10OP5J&keywords=dewalt+usb+battery+adapter&qid=1708335269&sprefix=dewalt+usb+%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-7

A third party make, with USB-C is only £16 quid:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dewalt-Battery-Adapter-Dual-Light/dp/B08KGF91Q2/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2GJ175K10OP5J&keywords=dewalt+usb+battery+adapter&qid=1708335269&sprefix=dewalt+usb+%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Pretty much every brand is out there.

Won’t fast charge the drone batteries

USB & DC Ports: With two 5V 2.1A (USB+USB C) ports

1 Like

It’ll slow charge DJI batteries, get what you pay for I guess.

Either way, £16 quid is a mighty cheap solution for those who have a few power tool batteries knocking about already :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure fast changing USB-C adapters will come along very soon! Builders want their workers charging their phones as quickly as possible and getting back to work. :rofl:

2 Likes