Titan Atlas antenna mod + car kit

Box arrived from Luxembourg this morning :clap:

Here’s what’s inside!

Mains charger was packaged separately, possibly due to different power plugs per country? The car antenna kit was vacuum sealed separately too.

Also included is the strongest magnet the world has ever seen, and two very thin metal plates, one of which has a 3M sticky pad on it. The magnet itself has a 3M pad on the back too. No idea what these are for yet. The dual-suction cups attach to the windscreen or in my case, the roof of the van and the Titan Atlas then just clips in to the mount. The antenna cables are about ten feet long.

Inside the box the Atlas is vacuum sealed. Two whip antennas and a spacer included.

There’s a “bag of bits” too, which is under the Atlas in the box.

Inside the bag of bits are the parts you need for modding your controller, a soft cloth to wipe finger prints off the Atlas (it’s Piano Black), a Titan sticker and the quick-release connectors for the antennas.

The Atlas itself, the whips clip on to the front here.

And on the rear is the T-Lock which connects to either your (modified) controller, or to the car suckers. The power switch is here too Two quick release connectors on the rear too. Along with a back-lit LCD display showing the battery level remaining (unsure on battery life yet, will report back). Annoyingly, the charger is 12V 1A output, Not sure I can rig something up to work with my existing charger, which means I might have to carry both.

Front view again, this time with the 5dbi whips connected (and the spacer to stop them falling over).

Backlit LCD.

That’s it for now!

It’s currently on charge, if I get time I’ll strip down the controller tomorrow and get the mods installed.

More news as I get it :+1:

1 Like