To PfCO, or not to PfCO - that is the question!

Yeah - not sure if I’d bother taking it to Barbados.

Got some great footage in St Lucia and the Grenadines last year though!

Got in trouble. All the back and forward took so long I was desperate for a pee, I asked the harbour guy where the nearest loo was and he gave me directions outside the harbour gate. He knew I’d not got all the paperwork done. I was arrested … ffs!

2 Likes

I’d have pissed up his leg, then he would have had something to arrest me for !

Back in my youf, a carton of Marlboro light got Caribbean customs cleared a lot quicker. Except further north in Bermuda - they were fussy bastards. You even needed a permit to take your camera ashore to prove you weren’t attempting in import it.

Oh, and never ever try and land your drone on boat or we’ll all be watching on YouTube as it slides under the waves.

2 Likes

My wife is now an expert at the hand catch off the stern. I’d post an example video but because of the method used they turn out a little explicit.

if you’re going to be living or flying a lot from a different country then definitely worth getting qualification from there.

also hand launch and recovery from a boat and never never never rely on RTH!!!:sailboat::helicopter::swimming_man:

1 Like

Tended to launch from the bimini which worked pretty well. Depends on the boat layout of course.

if you’re a sailor you know what to avoid. I don’t need to tell you, rigging and i think there’s a big white thing as well

1 Like

No footage unfortunately but with the bigger boat this year managed to take off and land on the bimini. Only at anchor but still!

2 Likes

I’m doing my PFCO in September with Flyby Technology in East Midlands with hopes to start a business doing roof/structure surveys, property and general photo/video. Hopefully will be successful as I finish college next year so going to start it after that. (Doing art/design which includes photography so is relevant to what I’m doing) Don’t know if it was wise doing PFCO training now but not actually applying for it til next year?

Nobody knows yet :blush:

I got this in my mail the other day.Interesting breakdown of American drone pilots, the industry they serve and the money they make. Somewhat depressing. :cry:

Having made enquiries a while back about pfco courses with different companies I had a change of heart and decided not to peruse it yet and see what the caa changes bring.
Now I seem to be getting emails offering greatly reduced courses :thinking:
I wonder if their signup figures are dropping off, and others who would have otherwise done the course are holding off for the same reason.
Hence a supply and demand thing, could hit some of these companies hard!

2 Likes

I can see them getting very busy when the new regs come in with people wanting to fly drones over 900g.

M2P people, mainly. :rofl:

2 Likes

Anyone wanna swap a mavic 2 pro,for a mavic 1 platinum…??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing:

1 Like

Am I supposed to find that funny! :slightly_smiling_face::rofl:
but then! if I strip off the casing it will be ok ?

It was mainly aimed at the person I replied to. :wink:

1 Like