TOAL from the M62 Hard shoulder

Returning home on Sunday from the Humber Bridge meet, travelling down the M62 towards Manchester

I see a car parked on the hard shoulder with hazard lights flashing and a guy stood in front with the typical stance of a drone pilot, and sure enough there he was with his drone 10 feet above his head. :scream:

Quick double take and yes he has just taken off from the Motorway :scream: to fly over Scammonden Water

Anyone else ever done this? :joy:

https://maps.apple.com/?ll=53.646968,-1.924947&q=Dropped%20Pin&_ext=EiYpQjRX+0PSSkAx7Ia3nIXr/r85wAl9V2rTSkBBRnC9jHKt/r9QBA%3D%3D&t=h

Just when you think you’ve seen it all eh? :scream: :man_facepalming:t2:

Did you give him a card ;o)

1 Like

@Sparkyws before you say it No ! :smile:

It was that guy, who’s not here anymore, what’s his name :man_shrugging:t2::joy::joy:

Ha but you don’t fly over water anymore :joy::joy:

1 Like

Arm bands :smile:

Maybe someone was putting some toys down for a photography competition. :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

I’m keeping an eye on YouTube for new Scammonden videos appearing today :rofl:

1 Like

Am I the only one who sees this as totally irresponsible?
Apart from giving drone pilots a bad name, it’s illegal, and dangerous to himself and other road users.

1 Like

Pretty sure Rich was passing that day

In a world of bad news, inflation and war, its the comedy factor of belting down the M62 and seeing someone standing on the hard shoulder flying a drone :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah and he probably had a visit, not long after I passed him from the local traffic police :joy:
and I reckon they would have given him a good beating :joy: :joy: :joy:

He might have broken down and the AA asked him where he was, hang on a mo will get my drone up and tell you :joy: :ok_hand:

1 Like

As it happens, per someone above @PingSpike … I was flying over Scammonden yesterday but I was parked in one of the car parks on the hill besides so not guilty :rofl:
Some reyt pillocks out there

2 Likes

Maybe he’s calling for help with drone, or drop off a delivery on the other side of the Scammonden Water to reduce fuel consumption…