Torridge Vale / Dairy Crest milk factory - Added to Historic Buildings in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

The derelict former Dairy Crest creamery, Taddiport, Great Torrington, Devon; the so-called Legend Dairy (say it out loud).

The dairy was founded in 1873-4 and closed in 1993. Recent discoveries of asbestos have slowed development of the site, which has been sold for housing. Urbex types have been here many times and there's plenty of graffiti amid the scenes of general desolation.

A road runs through the site and there is parking nearby. The buildings are off-limits but there are gaps in the security everywhere. It is said there have been two suicides at the site and that others have been killed or seriously injured in accidents.

There’s more information and some links to the history of the site in the description of the YouTube post.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 15/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like

Nice addition @Howard :smiley:

Tagging @group-fpv

1 Like

Looks like a great bando, just a bit of a drive.

1 Like

It pays to increase your word power; my new word for today!

Great video.Will try flying here as I only live 20min away.

Thanks - I look forward to seeing the results. I posted some still photos in my Flickr album,

It seems demolition has started already, alas. There’s a video here that explores the current state of affairs (mostly ground based, I think) - https://youtu.be/IA7FglYvgp8.