Trentham Gardens, Staffordshire, will they build a new hall?

Trentham Gadens is a Parkland beauty designed by Capability Brown that’s located right next to a Shopping Village of the same name.

Great place to visit and access to the Park is in the centre of the shopping area. Plenty of shops, food and a garden centre. Full diatribe of a description can be found using this link :point_down:
Drone Scene Entry Here

4 Likes

Hi Colin, enjoyed every minute of your film and commentary. In my younger days back in the late 70s as a young family we bought a Touring Caravan on the never never. One of our 1st outings was to Trentham Gardens who at that time had there own Touring Caravan Park. It was great for Families with children, in a safe environment. At the time we lived in Lancashire but 30 years ago my job took me to West Yorkshire where I have lived ever since. Now in my mid 70s it was nice to be reminded of past times. It still looks wonderful particularly from the Air. Clearly there have been huge changes, its a pity that the National Lottery has not been able to help in the restoration. Thank You for bringing a little sunshine to my morning. Nigel G

1 Like

@NigelG1 Wow thx Nigel comments like that make the effort worthwhile. :+1: strangely enough, we’re off to between Sedbergh and Hawes today for a weeks walking. Hopefully get some flights in too. :grin:

1 Like

Stunning location. But another sad story of a fine manor estate being partially knocked down and the rest going to ruin. Glad St. Modwen has spent the £100m on restoring the Victorian style gardens. Let’s hope they can dig deep down the back of the couch and bring the bricks and mortar back to life too.

Another corker Col :clap:

P.S. “Where’s Wally” @ 5:29 :+1:

1 Like

Skulking on the corner of the road with my xray specs on to maintain VLOS. :grin::sunglasses: