Tripltek Tablet - Feedback from owners and general discussion

Gonna take a risk, seen a few say they never paid any import duties, will see :wink:

@yorkie9668 @Kellybob I understand from tripletek itā€™s labelled in a way that makes customs issues very unlikely. :wink:

1 Like

My delivery from Tripltek had a ā€œcertified invoiceā€ stating a value of $50, which I assume eased it through the import process. Saved over Ā£100 against Amazon UK.
I was tempted by the minimal mount via Etsy but the postage put me off. I would certainly be prepared to share costs with other interested parties.
David

I have 3 coming, sold one so far and one left, will be here next week, so let me know if you wan the last one thanks

Many thanks.
Please allocate the last one to me and let me know the payment arrangements. Direct bank transfer is fine for me.
Best regards
David

1 Like

Yes that is fine, I am not making any money on these, it cost me Ā£45 with exchange and bank charge, so Ā£15 each and Ā£2.50 for delivery, still a lot cheaper, luckily Ken said he will send me 3 to help offset the costs, did you watch his video, they look slick

Unless this can sit snugly on the bottom itā€™s not much good.

The weight and width of the tablet pulls out from the bottom and needs to be secured there. This mount doesnā€™t do that.

Tripletek sell the pattern to 3d print the holders for less than thisā€¦

I emailed tripletek to see if the order ETA was correct @15th Dec to UK before placing an order. The reply was high demand and ETA moved back to the 19th. Thatā€™s what shows on their Web site now. Good luck if you ordered alreadyā€¦ I think I will wait till early January now. Xmas and early new year are trouble in my experience.

1 Like

Yes, I had seen this video and agree itā€™s a very neat design. I was about to order one via the Etsy store until I spotted the postage charges. Are you sure you are covering all of your costs at Ā£17.50, i.e. costs of the mount itself, delivery from USA and onward delivery within UK? It seems too cheap!

I did actually order a simple mount adapter for $18 directly from Tripltek at the same time as ordering the tablet, which came with no additional carriage charges. It works OK but the minimal mount looks to be a much neater solution. Here is a link to the Tripltek item with not very good images. If anyone is interested, I can post some better photos of it on the RC with tablet mounted.

Best regards

David

1 Like

Yes, please David @A4DJL :smiley:

1 Like

Yes I have paid Ā£45 including delivery, Ken has sent me 3, so posting with recorded delivery and jiffy will be around Ā£2.50, so Ā£15 for the mount and screws, that way all 3 of us will have paid Ā£15 each, I was just glad that Ken offered to send me 3 for the price of one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, as there seems to be no movement from DJI and the Smart Controller I have also just ordered the Tripltek 8" Pro and adaptor. ETA for stock is 22nd December. Now the long waitā€¦

1 Like

Here are my photos of the the $18 Tripltek adaptor for the DJI Mini 2 (and others) Controller.

The top slot of the adapter is 20mm which comfortably handles the bulky Tripltek tablet.
I hope this helps.
David

Thanks David, looks good! I canā€™t find a an input cable type - is it USB or Type C into the tablet?

Yes USB-C under a cover

The tablet has a USB C connector. I went for a 12ā€ cable which is a comfortable fit to the tablet and still stows in the controller by wrapping it twice round the Ariel bars. Link to Amazon here:

LYONGTECH USB C to USB-C 11.8ā€¦ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08M3C2CH1?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Regards
David

Thanks Mark and David, Cable now on order!

1 Like

Ordered mine on Sat, said Dec 15th, just got email it has shipped with UPS, so here early next week, so maybe yours will be here early too

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good to hear Mark!

I ordered a longer cable same as David and thatā€™s just arrived and interestingly you have to put the correct end into the controller or it wonā€™t work.

That probably explains why another longer lead I bought by STARTRC didnā€™t work when I plugged it in :thinking:

Will try it the other way around :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hope it comes soon. I must admit that I have not flown my Mini 2 for a couple of months as I lost confidence - I just couldnā€™t see the screen properly and a shield was not much use. I ended up panicking. I need to get back out and up in the air as confidence is at rock bottom!

1 Like