Tripltek Tablet - Feedback from owners and general discussion

@RedZeppelin I wonder if you have a different lanyard? My lanyard is a bog standard ID card thing with a spring clip on the end and has the standard safety clip designed to separate when pulled (see photos). Just wondering if you were supplied with a different type? I should point out that there was nothing wrong with the Dobo mount supplied by @yorkie9668 and it holds the tablet secure it was just the problem with the SOS button and torch. How do you turn off the SOS button?

1 Like

I am sure it is in the instruction manual, that is how I learnt how to turn it off

1 Like

Hi @Harbrimar ,

Regards the SOS button, this is from the manual:

Activating SOS button
The SOS Button can be configured under Settings>SOS
This function will be activated holding the SOS button for
more than 1 second. Options:

1. SOS Enable or disable the SOS function
  2. Call for help SMS editing
  3. Sent to SMS to SIM card: Select the SIM card the
    SOS function will use
  4. Add contact: to choose a number to send the SOS
    signal

Regards the lanyard, mine is exactly the same, but I think may be faulty in the opposite way. I have that same safety catch, but no matter how hard I tug it doesn’t give way. Good in terms of holding the tablet, maybe not so much if it ever has reason to tighten around my neck :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Going to sell my Tripltek 8" Pro if anyone is interested, just not able to use my drone due to ever failing health
As new, mint boxed with Dobo mount full receipt, will be collection only as I do not use PayPal
I can do a bank transfer, I am 100% genuine, ask the lads who have bought from me
I will do some pics when I get a minute, it was new Dec 5th and I have used it once
Brilliant display, but as my health fails I very much doubt I will get to use my drone again, if I do I will use my mobile

1 Like

Post it in the #for-sale-wanted category with some pictures Mark, more eyes on it :+1:t2:

Details here: Rules for posting in the For Sale & Wanted category

2 Likes

Was going to when able thanks

1 Like

Tempted Mark, just doing a little research ;o)

1 Like

Well, I got back late last night to some good news: even though the tracking info was in a bit of a black hole, the tablet arrived home (a bit before I did) and even better there was someone at home to answer the door.

After a 12-hour day including a 350 mile drive it was good to come home to. The other good thing was I got enough sorted on site Friday to be home Friday night tho prepping on Sunday and back out again Monday, so I had this afternoon free to set it up.

Initial impressions: it’s a damn fine bit of kit. It takes the good bits of phones and tablets and pops them together in an IP68 rated tin with a very bright screen. Setup was easy (using my Google account) and the device arrived with a good level of charge. It’s a pleasure to have a manual in proper English and the package in terms of what was in the box is good.

Not used it for the drone yet (first chance I will get is Tuesday) but I have decided to put the SIM card in from my personal phone and use it for that (I do most calls on my work phone). I feel that I will get a lot of use out of this, it’s practical for site inspection/recording too.

My verdict so far: highly recommend the tablet, but unless you need a full business invoice (hence purchase via Amazon) then I suggest purchase direct and if you can select a courier/shipper that you know will be reliable in your area.

I tried both the included hand-strap and then swapped if for the dodo bracket, I find the dodo bracket is a useful finger grip and better than the included strap.

Other lessons: I didn’t realise until I did a bit of internet checking that UPS don’t deliver to domestic addresses until they have done the business stuff and if they run out of time- tough, your package stays on the van until they get around to it. The delivery estimates will be constantly updated but cannot be relied on, you won’t know it’s not actually going to arrive when they say until it doesn’t arrive; and then the next day the tracking info is refreshed and the whole malarky begins again. Whereas every other courier I have had deliver stuff from USA (DHL, Fedex, Royal Mail from USPS) the tracking was actually meaningful. [Although perhaps others don’t find constantly changing “delivery estimates” as stressful as I do, particularly when I may need to arrange site work around scheduled delivery slots].

In short: top notch device but choose your delivery method carefully!

GC

2 Likes

It’s 1200nits all day long :+1:t2:

Glad it arrived safely in the end :smiley:

Going to sell my Tripltek 8" Pro if anyone is interested, just not able to use my drone due to. Curious as to how much you are asking? Looked in for sale section but can’t see it listed. Cheers.

Specsavers appointment booked yet @Kellybob ? :thinking: :nerd_face:

As I type this, it’s the second item down in the For Sale & Wanted category :grimacing:

Wasn’t listed 8am to day!

Get BlueMail for Android

I listed it about 4 days ago

I give up. This Web/forum is too awkward for me to navigate.

Can you see the notifications you have received?
If so one of those will take you too the listing for my tablet

@RedZeppelin Thanks for the info on the SOS button. Just avoid upsetting anyone when you have the lanyard around your neck!

1 Like

Grey Arrows Drone Club UK. This member may be interested in the tripletek. Messaged me amid the confusion I created. Apologies.

1 Like
1 Like

@mickydd hello old mate how you doing long time
No see

2 Likes