Tuning Flight of my Tyro119

As I felt well enough to leave the house today, I thought I’d take advantage of the weather and get some of my builds properly tested.

This is the Eachine Tyro119 from Banggood. All parts are stock. Receiver is a tiny Radiomaster D8 receiver, pretty good value for less than £6, and the battery was a 4S 1400mAh Zippy Compact. Maximum speed recorded was only 136kph so I think it’s time to join the big boyz on 6S.

Apologies for the DVR recording but I forgot to pack my HD camera.

5 Likes

Good to see you getting out. Pretty fast there! If I punch my 7" on 6s, it howls cos it’s well out of tune!

3 Likes

I love how you guys make this all look so effortless :laughing:

1 Like

You will find with a bit more flying/practice it will just click and it’ll feel very natural. After that the only limitation will be your imagination. I think it’s like anything that requires dexterity, once you find the groove things start to flow without having to over think it.

1 Like

It’s all about muscle memory :+1:t2:

2 Likes

That was a daring pass there at full speed between trees !

Lovely landscape, I feel a growing fondness for empty fields and generally deserted areas :smile:

1 Like

Great flight - cant wait to try something with more range like this

2 Likes

Crossfire :+1:t2: your video feed will crap out way before you failsafe :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Can’t wait for that upgrade and my shipment from China!

1 Like

That particular gap has seen quite a bit of action over the years, and not just from quads. One of the members used to have a large glider tug. After towing a 6m wingspan glider up he came down to do a low pass across the runway, unfortunately the tow string got caught on the wall at that gap and the tug was ripped in half.

The TinyHawk Freestyle you have is a great little quad for cutting your teeth on. When you go up to a bigger quad, such as a five inch, you’ll feel quite comfortable. And because the frame will be bigger you’ll actually find it easier to control.

1 Like

It’s been really good fun learning to fly the THFS and the only problem being that I’m now starting to hit limits in range etc.
I’ve crossfire chips on the way so that should help with that along with the mod to take 2s batteries on my list too.

I’ve also got a nazgul 5 enroute from china to look forward to in a few weeks.

1 Like