Two Drones flying in one location?

Well, all I can say, is that it obviously wasn’t mating season, otherwise the female one wouldn’t have ran off at the end.

It was just like watching an Attenborough film :laughing:

Great video

1 Like

A few years ago now, nearly totalled a couple of P3A’s

1 Like

A very close call at 0.39 :scream: with @DeanoG60
Starring @SirGunner :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Wayne :yum: :laughing:

Shit me that was close! :rofl:

1 Like

I was flying my Mini 2 a few months ago when I had a couple of interested passers by come up to me and start chatting about the drone.

I politely asked that they give me a moment to land so I could talk properly, but momentarily lost sight of the drone due to the distraction.

Next thing I know, I see a Mavic-style drone (either a far away Pro/Zoom/Air or close-in Mini) flying away from me at speed. My thumbs were nowhere near the sticks. A quick glance at the screen confirms that my drone was still stationary. I quickly located it in the sky again, and brought it home safely.

I never saw the pilot of the other drone, but it definitely gave me a scare… :flushed:

2 Likes

:+1:

Cheers :+1:

1 Like

This EC-135 is more of a concern in my local area, it is frequently about and when it’s flying below power line level it can’t be heard around trees and buildings. It doesn’t just stick near the power lines either it often performs wide sweeping turns over the gardens. Nice sight though.

I had a deliberate close encounter with fellow member @Natts back in September 2019:

Last week, however, I inadvertently had a potential close encounter with a fellow droner…

I had been filming a Scottish harbour by flying at 50m over the sea on a Litchi mission. On completion, I packed away the drone and went to meet up with the rest of my touring party. When I got to the pub, I was first there and there was no room inside, so I got the last table in a busy open marquee on the seafront:

Within a few seconds, I realised that someone was flying from the seaward side of the tent, so I went over, said hello and said I was a fellow drone flyer. He said that he had noticed my flight around the harbour, but, with him being busy, I bothered him no further.

In the following five minutes he went on to:
• overfly the tent
• take his Air 2S to within a metre of the open window of the yellow building beside the pub
• explain to the assembled drinkers that his friend was asleep in that room and he was hoping to surprise him
• fly the aircraft into the busy marquee and land it on the table beside his beer

Not a close encounter I enjoyed…