Two Tree Island Essex Meet - 10am Sunday 9th May

Ok, I said I would weeks ago so now is a good a time as any.

Next Sunday 9th May myself and a friend who’s not on this forum are meeting up at the car park on Two Tree Island for a few drone flights over the Thames Estuary. A couple more Essex members have indicated they’d like to meet, @Tolly and @Tails and being such a wide open area all are welcome. Plenty of room for all.

Anyone else up for it?

1 Like

Cheers Phil,

Sounds good. Hope the weather is kind to us.

1 Like

At the moment UAV Forecast isn’t looking too good for next Sunday with gusts of 40 mph from 9am onwards throughout the day but that could all change between now and then. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Sunday morning is looking OK for some low to mid level flights. 16mph at 150ft gusting to 25mph. Any changes I’ll post up here. Hope to see you guys then.

@Tolly Looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse according to UAV Forecast (gusts of 25mph or more) so I’m changing the location to get away from the coast. Wat Tyler Park at 10.30am if your still up for it.

Hi Phil. I’ve only just found this post. I’ve looked on UAV Forecast and the wind isn’t looking to good for 10.30, is this still going ahead? The wind appears to be improving around 15.00. I’m not sure where Wat Tyler Park is, Google Maps is saying south of Pitsea. I’m travelling from Harlow so it may take me up to an hour to get there.

@Spideog Yeah, just looked. Not looking good for this morning. 4pm this afternoon is looking better. @Tolly You up for a meet this afternoon mate?

Hi Phil,
Apologies, I wasn’t checking my messages. I went to two tree island this morning and i’ve just got home.
I got my new Mini 2 in the post yesterday so I was dead keen to take it out for a spin.
The weather was fine and the wind was fairly light. Two small issues at two tree: The model flying club was busy so a bit too risky over the central island. Also 200ft altitude restriction zone.
Unfortunately I can’t do this afternoon as we are having a family bbq with the grandkids.
Do let me know what you plan next and I’ll try and join you. I’m free most weekends.

Cheers,

Dave

1 Like

Sorry, should have said to Lee as well. Anytime you fancy meeting up I’d be up for it :slight_smile:

How did the flying go Dave? What’s your impressions of the Mini 2? I text Lee and told him I couldn’t make it after all and I totally forgot about the flying club who meet there on Sundays.

I’ll arrange somewhere else soon.

Really impressed with the mini2. I stayed out over the estuary and away from the flying club, took it out about 2000ft and signal strength was still full bars. At that point I sat in the car as I’d seen a youtube video showing that signal penetration with occusync is excellent and sitting in a ‘metal box’ did nothing to reduce the signal. Sure enough, I was able to continue flying from the car with only a one bar drop in signal strength. Not always what you want but great on a very sunny day to see the screen clearly in in the shade. Zoom is a great new feature and easy to use. Unfortunately, I had my camera exposure set up incorrectly and all my footage was a bit overexposed but a good first flight. I’ll concentrate on the camera next time and get some good 4k footage.

Nice one Dave. Get yourself a set of ND filters. I always fly with an ND 8 or 16 on just to take care of any over exposure and offset white balance.

1 Like