Unable to transfer video from Mini 3 Pro to iPad

Tried to transfer video from mini 3 pro to my iPad after installing the DJI Fly app. Always get the error message, “ iPad doesn’t support video at 4K or higher. Please connect to a computer”. Yet my Samsung S20 transfers videos without problem. Connecting it to my computer via usb cable takes a long time transferring video over. I would prefer to use my iPad for editing and posting to YouTube , but am currently unable to. :disappointed:

What version of iPad, how old is it?

iPad Air 2 running version 15.7.1 ( up to date OS version) Its about 3-4 yrs old

What’s the video format

FPS and is the codec h.264 or h.265

Hi. Is the info in this link of any help?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8546654

After 3rd generation their is hardware support for 4K

How are you trying to transfer?

bit by bit?

(sorry - just had to)

1 Like

Using the quick transfer option on the go fly app. iPad connects to drone, but will not transfer video for the reason stated. Going to try this on the wife’s iPad later ( hers is iPad 9)

1 Like

Solved, apparently my iPad’s of a lesser iteration so doesn’t support the transfer of 4K video from my mini 3 pro. The wife’s iPad does transfer video from the drone.
Interestingly, I can airdrop the video from hers to mine in 4K so now I can process future videos on here by downloading them onto the wife’s iPad, then airdrop them over to mine . So I’ll accept that’s what I have to do for now and save up for a new iPad ( but then the wife’s gonna want a new iPad as well :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:) :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Or get a card reader for your iPad

2 Likes

I do now wonder if a card reader would actually transfer 4K video to it though ? Ach, save me pennies up for a new iPad I think :wink::wink: