Unbinding a mini 3 pro

Hi,

My father passed away recently and i have just aquired his mini 3 pro.

It is still all in his account.
Can i now unbind it from his accound and set it up in mine, obviousky he isnt around to ask and i cant access any of his emails.
I have my own dji account which i use for my mini 2, and ideally i would like to use that rather than fly using his account

Any advise or help appreciated

Cheers

Sorry for your loss, Rich :pensive:

Unbinding DJI drones can be found here: How do I unbind a DJI drone from my account? - #16 by Kirky

1 Like

Although I may have misunderstood the question / problem, sorry.

The problem is you know how to unbind, but you can’t because you can’t log in to your late fathers account in order to perform the unbind?

If that’s the case, you’ll need to contact support@dji.com (or go via their web chat), there is no other way around the binding.

You can get to their web chat support here: Support - DJI

Then at the bottom of the page:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your Dad :frowning:

Do you have access to the mobile device your dad was using to fly the drone, as this will have the fly app on which was logged into his account and you should be able to unbind it

3 Likes

Its got the dji controller and it is all still logged in, i can unbind it using that but was concerned it nay turn it into a brick once i had

Thanks

Yes do that and then once unbound you can use your account to bind it :+1:

You just need an internet connection

then go to Profile/device management and then Mini 3

and click the remove device from account

1 Like

All sorted.

Just need to play now and work out what extra features it has over the mini 2

2 Likes

Thanks for your help and condolences

2 Likes

I can not really add on any more to the above advice but I wanted to just pass on our best for your lost. Sorry to hear about your dad. There are a lot of nice people in this group so if ever things get you down. Have a shout out.

1 Like