Undercover Police take down caught on Mini 3 Pro

General offence 8 is from this part in the air navigation order (2020 amendment).

Refers to that magic word again “close”

Podcast here if anyone’s interested, f/forward to 10 mins in.

2 Likes

This regulation refers to a “tethered UAS” …. Is that a drone on a piece of string?
My assumption is that my Mini 2 is untethered, and therefore this rule doesn’t apply???

Just going by what was said on the podcast, the copper mentions another part of the ANO so may be that one.

Looks like it could be this one.

I seem to remember a video posted somewhere. Someone from up north almost got arrested by a cop who clearly didn’t know the rules. He’d been flying his drone somewhere near an emergency event. When the cop approached him, his drone was already in his backpack. Threatened to arrest him because ( in the cops own words) “ You are flying a drone near an emergency “ Chap responded that he wasn’t flying a drone and there was no CTR zone or FRZ showing. Cop says about the FRZ “ that’s because we’ve just applied for it.” :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

@JockyB sounds like Reggie Photos video.

3 Likes

That’s the one Kings . Yep , cops 0 drone operator 1 :wink::wink:

I do a lot of work for various Met departments… You should see their fleet of unmarked vehicles.

There’s a member that’s a copper isn’t there? Can’t remember their handle to @tag them.

Get their POV.

I guess we could argue looking at the airdata, Chris potentially didn’t have VLOS either, so if they did want to find him…Its unlikely they would have had detection kit on them, and they probably had bigger concerns.

Personally I wouldn’t be offering any pictures to the media where the flight wasn’t fully legit. especially if the coppers did want to come find me after seeing said pictures.

@nick2491

nick-4-722 would have been a good handle for the Preston plod.

Sounds like it was robbery.

Currently, the Swindon Advertiser is showing 2 of my photos :astonished:

And I can’t recall giving the Wiltshire Times the go ahead to my snow photo in Jan … article was published 8 hours ago :thinking: - but at least they’ve credited me.

Just noticed the same reporter on both papers. Must be the same team running both papers.

5 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

Was about to ask the same thing.

Looks like a black edition too. Hope they have a decent budget for tyres. :rofl:

Sod the history vids, these police vids get some serious views :scream:

2 Likes

Clink audits. Coming soon.

1 Like

You just need one of them Police radios :wink:

2 Likes

2 robberies in one day

2 Likes

Hi! Catching up on this a day afterwards, the moment I saw the words ‘hands cable tied’ it had to be firearms, even before someone posted a picture of one of them with a rifle. They’re the only folk who use cable tie cuffs on suspects. And that boxing in of the suspect vehicle and immediate smashing in of the windows is a ‘hard stop’, a tactic for advanced grade firearms drivers only. They won’t get permission to do this unless there’s recent good intelligence that there’s firearms or other lethal weapons in the car, along with people prepared to use them. So some very nasty people have gone away here, good result.

Amusing little sidenote, having watched several takedowns like this live on helicopter camera downlink over the years, statistically if four suspects are hard stopped in a car, when you see them rolled over face up afterwards, on average one of them will have wet themselves in sheer terror - the thermal camera reveals all :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Amusement aside, terrified people generally sit very, very still indeed, and the whole job ends without a shot having to be fired. Mark Duggans shooting was the only one of 15,000 hard stops that year that ended badly.

2 Likes

Agreed seen these many times at work, a crew of heavily built gents in all black with guns and shouty voices does work

3 Likes

Sorry, forgot to put in my first post, they will have had the control room make a call made to the local council to tidy up the glass from the hedge, it’s not just forgotten about. Crayon munching gun monkeys ahem firearms officers are a rare resource, armed surveillance officers like this even more so, as a taxpayer you don’t want them tied up on mundane tasks.

For the same reason, they never actually arrest people - they do the shouty, gun pointing ‘PUT IT DOWN OR I KILL YOU!’ bit, apply the cable tie cuffs etc, but the person who actually says the “I’m arresting you on suspicion of …” words is usually some random PC who gets sent there once all the fun is over - otherwise the gun monkey is doomed to spend the next five hours in a cell block with custody procedures, and you can’t go into a cell block with a firearm in case some other drunken prisoner makes a grab for it. Nor can you be out and about, pointing your gun at other baddies and shouting at them if required.

5 Likes