Uploading .dat log files to AirData UAV from a DJI FPV drone

So i use airdata to record flights with my Air2 & FPV. Usually it is connected to the DJIFLY app. However tyhe past 6 flights i have not needed to connnect my FPV to the app. How can i upload the flights to Airdata? I can not find the “flight record” on the sd card either goggles or qwad.

Any suggestions?

If you’ve not recorded your flights via the Fly app, I don’t think you can get them in to AirData because of:

Mavic 2, Mavic Air, Mavic Mini, and FPV drones DAT files extracted from the aircraft are not supported.

Source: https://app.airdata.com/dat

That’s why then :roll_eyes: Can’t use the app anymore either as I did the FCC hack to improve signal. If I plug in to the app I lose the hack. Signal is better than recording a flight and upping my hours badge :joy::joy:

Just reload the hack afterwards that’s all I’ve been doing, I now just upload the records once a month or so

3 Likes

They store in the goggles until you sync them with DJIFLY by plugging your phone in, it’s a bit of a phaff, especially as we all seem to be using the FCC hack so avoid that shit :wink:

If you use the `drone-tweaks app, you can have all your drones which are on the fly app, on fcc. Also you can upload all your flight logs with out losing the fcc hack.

The licence is for the app not for drone.

2 Likes

Sooooo

Does anyone know how to get the flight logs onto Airdata now without the flyapp grounding you until you update/downgrade the firmware?

:person_shrugging:

Which drone Steve?

Airplane mode ?

Can you not just copy the log files from somewhere and upload them manually?

Albeit on my MP, not the DJI FPV, I’ve never used the app to upload. (Mainly because that way I know I have a permanent copy of the logs myself, locally.)

But they must exist somewhere to be copied.

I know the AirData site gives instructions for where to find them for most DJI drones - so probably the FPV drone too?

1 Like

Not read the detail …

DJI FPV Wayne

Call me a wuss but there is no way I am connecting my drone to the fly app. :see_no_evil:

I have been told I can get the flight logs with assistant 2 but not sure if these are the .dat files or the .txt files.
I need the latter.

:thinking:

1 Like

This tells you to connect the drone to the flyapp.

:thinking:

Haven’t you got a really old version of the fly app on some dirty android device that won’t know there is a new version of the firmware ?

1 Like

Has anyone found a way around this without resetting the hacks or connecting to the app?

Have you tried with the phone in flight mode?
I have done this with the A2s and the flight logs populate in the fly app but obviously can’t upload.

When you disconnect the drone (A2s) then go back on line with the phone they upload.

Not tried it with the FPV I’ll let you try first :grin:

Nah not tried at all. Will see what happens tomorrow