Urbino, Italy (video)

Set to max, so could explain but still seems a little much. There was no additional flying beyond take off and manually fly to near start. Maybe 30-60 seconds.

1 Like

I’m guessing you had all heights relative to take-off?

If ever using heights relative to ground, always (a) have WP 1 above t/o and (b) preferably let Litchi take off, too.

Because I use both, sometimes in the same mission (there is a genuine reason) I pretty much always have Litchi take-off … to avoid the potential disaster. (I always have Obstacle Avoidance off - I fly backwards/sideways in missions, too. :wink: )

1 Like

Just done the maths. Should have been 3m30 at 54km/h

Airdata says max speed 53.4km/h

Now looking for Airdata screen for speed at different points but can’t find it.

As well as Cruise Speed - you had the mission Max Speed as high / higher?

Yup, but good tip!

I have OA on as prefer any help I can get. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, both 54km/h

1 Like

OK - I need to do some definitive comparisons.

Looked back at some vids - but I’m not sure I’ve not tinkered with the missions subsequent to using them … which has been part of the reason for most, to fine tune them.

1 Like

… but I might have to wait until after the torrential rain and thunder/lightning has passed through. :wink:

1 Like

Ahh, looking further at times in Airdata:

1:15 - activate Waypoint mode
1:35 - reaches mission start
6:30 - activate Go Home mode

So total mission time was 4:55, and looks like typical speed was between around 30 and 50kph. Call that average 40km/h (11m/s), and 3223m / 11 = 293s or 4:53.

VLM I assume will go by mission speed, which was 54km/h, or 15m/s, which would expect 3223 / 15 = 215s or 3:35 which explains faster speed.

That’s a huge variation.

With a fixed cruising speed (except for stopping for some pics and things) this is a typical speed trace when in Litchi Mission.

Certainly faster when it had the wind behind it.

Averaging 39kph, from the data … during the waypoint period.

Speed graph …

(Time is the DJI Time Ticks …. 1/1000 secs)

The first peak before returning to zero I guess is the flying to WP1 bit … so not really part of the mission.

Corrected graph - and corrected average of 38.84kph

Nice! Well the middle dip is easily explained, but not sure why there’s such a variance otherwise… doesn’t appear to correlate just with the wind direction.

1 Like

Yeah - if the AirData wind info is accurate - it certainly doesn’t adequately explain.

I must admit, unless time is of the essence, I do most of my missions at 40kph.

I’ll make a mental note to try a circular max (Litchi) speed mission when there’s a little wind.
I should immediately repeat it at 40kph, too.

My “I must try this some time” list gets longer. :wink:

1 Like

I was reasonably comfortable that I was complying with the ‘important’ laws*, but there could feasibly have been objectors so it was a speedy up-down-leave.

• mainly keep away from the built up town bit.
1 Like

I know that feeling of uncertainty …. but at that distance/height nobody would hear you, and …. it would have been marginally quicker if it actually carried it out at that speed. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, if I’d had time I’d have liked to run it again with the POI a little lower as well.

1 Like

I’ve been trying more missions without using the WPs to tilt the camera - but use them just for heading.
I find that the slight nodding one can get is slightly annoying.
As a result - unless there’s a need - I tend to run with it set at around -20°. That keeps enough sky and a plenty of ground.
Even when I need something different during a mission, I’m inclined to use WPs in Litchi to calculate the angle, but then fix manually with interpolation.
Still playing with this - and even run a couple of missions in both “modes” to compare.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the nodding - got an example?