Use android to fly, use ipad to edit?

Morning all, I have always used my android phone to fly then edit videos with the dji fly app. I have an ipad on order. I am wondering if it is possible to still use my android phone to fly, but then use my ipad (when it comes) to edit and upload to youtube (instead of my phone)?

Does anyone else do this and would there be any compatability problems with them being different systems?

Any guidance welcome.

Regards

Rollin

This should be possible. The video format of the .mp4 files would be the same off the SD card, regardless of whether you flew Android or iPhone (or iPad).

3 Likes

But why :man_shrugging:t2:

Just use the iPad to fly, that’s what I do. I have an iPad mini, I read the video files using an Sdcard reader

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be a problem. Install the GoFly app on the iPad and use the quick transfer method same as you use on the android phone. ( as long as you have a fairly recent iPad) I have a second gen iPad Air 2 and can’t transfer to my iPad ( won’t accept 4k video), but the missus has a 9th gen iPad, which can accept the videos. Strangely though, I can transfer the video from her iPad to mine without difficulty. Seems iPads talk to each other better than some iPads talk to non Apple gear. :wink::wink:

Thanks for your reply BadManners. Thats great. Ipad arrived yesterday so will give it a try later on today. :+1:

Thats an option Sparkyws that I hadn’t really considered. Its an 11inch one so may have to get some dort of adapter to be able to attach it to the controller though. Thanks for your reply.

Cheers JockyB, that is useful to know. Ive downloaded to GoFly app and will give it a try later today.