Using Ipad with P4A

Hi guys,

I’m collecting a P4A in the next couple of weeks and read that the DJI App is a lot more stable on IOS than Android. The Ipad Mini 1 is dirt cheap due to not being able to upgrade to IOS11.

Does anyone use an Ipad Mini 1 at the moment without issues?

TIA

1 Like

Dji go 4 will not work very well on an ipad mini 1 I recommend you getting a ipad mini 4 and make sure it has it sim network on it so you can have map access with you or you would have to download maps prior to it if no sim network and your out of range of WiFi

1 Like

My old iPad mini 2 was throwing processor warnings all day long, and that was three years ago.

Imagine how much more bloated GO4 has become since then? :scream:

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

1 Like

I run it on an iPad 4 and have no issues. For apple theyr’e relatively cheap considering iphone and samsungs are £600+. I would recommend the iPad. I’ve used android but there’s always niggles when I try to use that OS.

Dave…

1 Like

Thanks guys, just ordered an Ipad 10.2 2019. I want it as stable as possible.
I’ve ordered 2GB data per month, that should be enough. I can always tether from my mobile.

2 Likes

you shouldn’t have to pay for a plan its for the GPS which comes through the sim network as other tablets such as android or os without a sim network don’t seem to work well . Unless its states GPS built in. Its similar to a satnav in your car if this makes sense.

1 Like

You made the right choice, I had an iPad mini 1 kicking about so I thought I’d try and use it with my MA2 but it’s basically a brick, I can’t load anything on it, it’s so out of date that no SW can be loaded, definitely nothing from DJI. It’s a shame as it still works!

1 Like

Admittedly Android … but I did research the Android app a while back …

1 Like