Vertical lines down video

Has anyone experienced this before? Lines scrolling down the video. I know my props are out of balance and cause a shimmy during hovering. Could this be the issue or is it a settings problem??

1 Like

Hi Pete…
Im not an expert in drone photography but in normal videos that ive had that effect is one of two reasons… 1…you have sharpened the video too much in post processing…2… you have your shutter speed to high for the video frame rate…ie…if you are shooting 4K at 30fps your shutter speed should be double your frame rate…ie…1/60…if you are shooting at 24fps your shutter would be 1/50…if you shoot 24fps at say 1/500 shutter speed that will produce the effect that you are getting…all this assumes that your equipment is working normal…hope this helps…
Regards from Terry

1 Like

Hi Pete…
I am only talking about the sharpness of the water…and not your prop shadows…x

What are you flying? Is it the first time this has happened? Have you carried out any mods/repairs prior to this?

One of the reasons you can see these lines are if there is another flickering light source out of sync with your shutter which Terry1 mentions.

1 Like

It’s a phantom 3 standard. It’s the first time I’ve noticed it, but it’s only from my 3rd flight out with the drone. I was flying somewhere else but it was too foggy, so I went here. As far as I can remember, I was at 1080p at 27 fps?

Looks like the jello effect, check the FPS, the phantoms don’t do so well at higher rates.

Or perhaps too slow a memory card ? Is it new ?

Just checked the memory card and its only U1 - 10MB per sec. I’ll try a different card tomorrow.

Thanks guys

1 Like

?

1 Like

Most likely it :wink:

Yeah, in my haste to go and play, I raided my go pro wannabe! :joy::see_no_evil:

1 Like