Very new to this forum I thought I would show off favourite picture

Hi everyone. These pictures are just outside a place called Warburton and it shows a very straight section of the Manchester Ship Canal. The bridge in the background is the Thelwall Viaduct and the ship coming down was just by total luck.

28 Likes

Very nice, I feel it would have benefitted from being a little off-set so that it wasn’t perfectly central though? I appreciate you are new to this though. Food for thought?

That might also trigger some people’s OCD. :grin:

Ha! I hadn’t thought of that! :joy:

Really nice pictures Gavin! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @eastsuffolkdrone to be honest I was so shocked and excited that a ship was coming down I’m surprised any of them came out.

Great shot

Great pictures

Don’t forget to add to Dronescene that you have also flown here as well :wink:

2 Likes

I can just imagine your enthusiasm and worry! You need more faith in the tech company’s abilities now, lovely sharp shots :+1:

1 Like

I especially like the second photo with the bow wave disturbing the still water in front of it, and the change in tone of the water towards black in the foreground. I also find the way the canal disappears to a fine point in the far distance rather satisfying ! I’m glad it’s central, it appeals to something in my brain!

1 Like

I have to say…the 2nd shot is superb. I like the central line running of to the horizon.

1 Like

Very nice

1 Like

Nice shot!

1 Like