VR Goggles with Litchi

Hi All,
Just for info and discussion.
For the past few flights I’ve been having an issue seeing the display on the phone properly. I decided to look at VR goggles. I bought this set (Destek V5) to try.

and a 2m usbc cable, which clips into the phone through a slot in the goggles then into the remote. I also purchased the Litchi app for the ability to view in split screen.

WOW!
What a difference, absolutely no glare from the sun and a very weird feeling to see the view through the camera, once set up correctly. I was only up 60 feet but it felt a lot higher.
So for around £60 I have an ideal set up for my needs. I know there may be other/better solutions out there and all suggestions are welcomed.

Mick

2 Likes

I occasionally use a similar headset with my Mini2, and Parrot Anafi. I think the App for the 3DR Solo has a stereoscopic option, but as the controller has HDMI out I’ve only used my regular FPV goggles with it.

The one thing I’d be wary about is the latency on the Air2, which can be up to 150ms. Doesn’t sound a lot but if you’re flying close to obstacles, trees and walls and such, there is a possibility you could crash before actually seeing the crash in your goggles. I fly both the DJI digital FPV system with a minimum of 28ms and analog with a latency of about 6ms, and even at my age I can feel the difference.

Hi @Nidge
Thanks for the heads up on Latency. I don’t tend to fly that fast or use the drone in fpv. My main bug was the glare from a nice bright day when you want to be out with the drone.
I will keep an eye on that, cheers.

1 Like

Amazon sell sun shades for phone and tablets, worth a look at those too…