Wansdyke - Britain's Prehistoric Canal System

Hey folks, it’s been while since my last video. This is because the video below took over 2 months to produce, including 8 days of filming and narrating, and 5 days to edit. I travelled to dozens of places across Wiltshire and Somerset - all whilst wearing a hinged knee brace :man_facepalming:

To support the evidence, I have include LIDAR and Geological models - including fly-throughs and animation - all new techniques that I had to learn from scratch :wink:

This video wouldn’t have been possible without the help of Robert John Langdon, author of Prehistoric Britain. We spoke often over the past 2 months, and he has allowed me to use is research and recently published evidence :man_bowing:

This is my biggest and most challenging project to date. I really do hope you enjoy. If you do, feel free to like the video and subscribe to my channel (if you haven’t already) :+1:

In February 2022, I discovered a set of earthworks that went on as far as the eye could see. I had found Wansdyke. After weeks of research, and recent new evidence, it is time to rewrite the history books.

Most of the history books state that Wansdyke was built 1500 years ago by the native Britons to defend themselves against the invading Anglo-Saxons. There are many flaws to this theory. Using recently published evidence provided by Robert John Langdon, I explore each theory in detail, using many data sources, including historical data, LIDAR and Geological modelling. I will leave it up to you to decide which theory you believe to be true.

8 Likes

@clinkadink WOW. Just watched it on the TV. Really fascinating.

My better half reckons you should have your own TV program on BBC FOUR!!

Thank you.

Cheers Keith, so glad you and your other half liked it :grin:

I’d love to pack in my day job and do this for living! I have a way to go before giving Tony Robinson a run for his money :rofl:

1 Like

You’ve got a few years…

Absolutely cracking video Chris - as good as any “Baldrick” effort :+1: :+1: :+1:

Entire package is brilliant - narration, video, music, graphics :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS - Glad to see you were wearing the club merchandise :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

PPS - I vote for the canal system - makes good sense.

2 Likes

Really interesting video and superbly produced! Definitely a career option there Chris!

As mentioned on the YT comments Chris, thank you.

So well put together, I admire your dedication to the research, filming and then putting it all together and better than many so called professional efforts.

Yes I reckon your theory holds water.

Well done!

Cheers John! That great feedback :star_struck: Really glad you liked it :+1:

Yes, GADC uniform is a must :wink:

Cheers Phil! Great to hear, and many thanks for the support :wink::+1:

1 Like

Thanks Clive! If you have a left a comment on the YT video, I can’t see it :man_shrugging:

Yes, definitely a load of research went into this one. My history would have been proud :wink:

Genius!! :rofl::clap:

1 Like

Fascinating watch. Really enjoyed it and agree that all the things in history books need to be questioned constantly.
Beautifully made video :+1:

Yes but he has a team of reserchers, a film crew and a script that he just needs to read and look good. You on the other hand are all these in one. Keep up the good work.

Love it Chris, 10/10 for your History assignment!

Wow what an amazing piece of videography, totally enthralled.

:clap: :ok_hand: :grinning:

Thanks Andy! 100% agree. And it makes you think ‘what else is wrong’ :face_with_monocle:

Valid point … I feel better now :wink: Many thanks Bruce :+1:

Cheers John. Glad you liked it mate. So much for my “D” in History O-Level then :wink:

Nice one, Mark! Great to hear :clap:

Superb video Chris and a fantastic history lesson too. Really comprehensive and professional presentation!

Thank you so much, Adrian! There’s a lot of history in this one, I am glad you liked it :+1:

1 Like