Weather poo today so here are a few random pictures from Blackpool

11 Likes

Did you get permission from the airport to fly

@Booth1230 he probably didn’t need it.

Look how far away the tower is from the FRZ.

Enjoy your fights in Blackpool!

3 Likes

Ok see what you did there.

Great photos again @Diveuk

1 Like

Enjoy your flights too :man_facepalming: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes realised that when I had a proper look

Cheers

1 Like

@Booth1230 do not need it, I also fly near South Pier, Blackpool ATC are fine with where I fly.

Thought one of the rules of this group was “no drone police”.

2 Likes

His post did sound somewhat accusatory but he may have been asking because he wanted to fly there himself :man_shrugging:

You can never tell on the internet eh?

@PingSpike yep agree but you can make your question more civil with some context like “just interested because I would like to fly there?” or the use of emojis helps.

1 Like

I completely agree.

Must admit I’m guilty of such questions without context :man_shrugging:. In fact I think I asked it recently on someones Blackpool images because I thought the golden mile was within the FRZ (not that it would make a difference to my opinions of your images!) . I must add context in future :rofl:

Ps love the 3rd image down with the big wheel in shot!

Blackpool is on my list :ok_hand:

1 Like

For info, Blackpool ATC are very helpful, it is not a busy airport since Easyjet pulled out, just a few training flights and helicopters out to the wind farm @ 7am everyday and back around 4pm, plus the occasional military heli flight.
01253 472527 to contact them.

3 Likes

I’m sure @stevesb has said the same in the past. He often gets permission to fly there.

Well, I think it was him :thinking:

1 Like

No that was not my point I just fancy flying there as I am not that far from Blackpool

Cheers

1 Like

While we are in lockdown and the pleasure beach is closed I would love to overfly that area and get some closeups of the rides but I do not think it appropriate to contact the relevant parties for permissions as we are not really supposed to be flying.

1 Like

Maybe don’t contact them :roll_eyes: they should be at home :joy:

It was I. Very helpful. They were quick to reply.

1 Like

Cheers Steve, good to know :+1:t2:

Weather might be poo but the colour cheers you up😊

Nice pictures