West Kennet Long Barrow: Britain's Largest Chambered Long Barrow 😎

Another beautiful afternoon in Wiltshire :sunny: … so I decide to visit Britain’s largest and oldest chambered long barrow - West Kennet Long Barrow! :star_struck:

I used the Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2 with this one, as in some shots, there were a few people around. If anyone is in the neighbourhood of Avebury (Wiltshire), be sure to check this place out. It is absolutely amazing!

I really hope you enjoy this :+1:

5 Likes

Amazing Chris, it’s so good that you can enter the chambers. Set in such beautiful countryside. It’s a double well done on this one mate! Thank you.

@clinkadink looks like you hit on some nice weather , really surprised there is open access to the chambers I would have thought it would pose a H&S nightmare

Thanks Clive! This was my favourite so far, what an epic site! Yes, I didn’t even know folks could walk in the barrow, until pulling up to the lay-by (and doing some last minute research). What a bonus! It is also great to see that no-one has damaged it in any way, as that is always a risk with these places. Thanks as always for the support :+1:

P.S. does Bongo mean anything to you :thinking:

Cheers Alan! Me and you both, especially the way the world is currently. But apparently not :wink: And really chuffed it is open access. It made the day out one to remember :+1:

What you using for your ‘vlog’ style bits? Do you use a gimbal?

1 Like

I use a DJI Pocket 2 … from Santa (aka Mrs L) … first test here :wink:

1 Like

Some great footage Chris, pleased the weather made your visit so successful.

Enjoyable - thanks for the history too.

Cheers Barrie! I am happy you enjoyed it!

Yes, another sunny day :sunny: … I think that makes 3 since Christmas! :joy:

Brilliant! Love the grading/masking on the last shot :slight_smile:

Cheers Daniel! You noticed! Took me a while that clip :wink: It was the grand finale scene, so spent a bit of more time on it. Like you have correctedly stated, quite a bit of colour grading and masking. A keen eye, thanks for letting me know it wasn’t in vain :joy: Cheers, and all the best :+1:

I’m fairly new to masking and grading so I appreciate the work you put in!

Excellent video Chris. A great mix of aerial and ground based footage. Very informative too. Well done.

Thanks Andrew! That’s kind of you to say. I’m trying to get the right balance between land and aerial footage, so that’s reassuring :+1:

Another amazing film, which combines great shots and fascinating content. I have been to Silbury Hill a number of times and, to my shame, never Knew West Kennet Long Barrow was so close by. Do you know where the human remains were moved to? Keep these films coming!

Cheers Les! All of the artefacts recovered from West Kennet Long Barrow on display in Wiltshire Museum, Devizes. Although not sure if this includes the human remains too.

Sorry I know I’m taking this off topic. I’ve been looking for a ‘gimbal’ solution for my main camera and not really getting very far, the pocket 2 looks like it might be and answer and something much more compact. I’m right in thinking the you need the creator combo to get the extra stick thing that allows you to plug in an external mic?

1 Like

Yes, correct. It comes with the extension which provides wifi, 3.5mm mic jack, plus the combo comes with the DJI Wireless Mic, which is great quality. Without the creator combo, you either have to buy the extension seperately or just use the built-in mic, which is OK, but no good when its windy - or if you are far away from the DJI Pocket 2.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like