West Sussex

Hi everyone having been recently made redundant from my job i have time on my hand, So if anyone wants to go flying who is based in or around West Sussex please reply in this thread or send me a private message. I don’t really know any good places to go so any suggestions would also be welcome.
Thanks
Matt

4 Likes

Where about in West Sussex, I am near Chichester.

Can give you a few locations around this area.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the redundancy @Animatt - I’ve been there more times than I care to remember :confused:

@BrianB - Looking at Matt’s profile page, he’s round Durrington, Worthing way.

My geography isn’t good enough to tell me how far away that is from Chichester though :blush:

2 Likes

West Sussex not a problem to fly if your near the coast you can fly o. The foreshore quite legal

I do drive so some places in chi would be great

Thanks @PingSpike.

Thanks Rich, why didn’t I think of that!

I update my local list and post it. I have flown at Arundel, off the footpath that runs along the side of the river Arun. You access it from the large car park east of the castle. It was early morning before all the tourist arrive, but a good spot.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m in Crawley so would be interested in a meet up maybe, but definitely not near me as I seem to have a lot of planes in the area!!! :flight_departure::flight_arrival:

3 Likes

Hey

I’m based out of Burgess Hill, but looking for more places where I can fly. Already managed to find most of the places that I can’t fly like Ashdown Forrest, National Trust, some of the local councils.

Beach / foreshore seems to be a good location that’s “safe”.

If anybody’s flying in July (when the wind dies back), let me know.

D.

I’m in Littlehampton anyone out flying much round here?

I’ve been flying near Ferring - the Goring Gap is a good place to fly.

I’ve just bought a Mavic Air 2 and live just on the eastern edge of Crawley.

I’d like to be able to meet up with some enthusiasts so I can get more experience and also find more locations to fly my drone.

Many Thanks

Terry

1 Like

Hey

Haven’t been able to get out flying for a while. Does anybody know of good spots for flying in Mid-Sussex?

D.

Dronescene is your friend

Thanks Chris… Dronescene is great… all the spots in mid-Sussex I put in there!

1 Like

Hey @Phoenix76

Where in West Sussex are you from? I am looking to start flying my drone in W Sussex and looking for a company. The weather is so nice nowadays.

Mid-Sussex, Burgess Hill/Haywards Heath. Seen a few flyers around - just bought a Mavic Mini 2 today to go with my Mavic 2 Pro. Want to get my A2 CofC so can at least fly the Pro for a little longer with the regs.

Have a look a OA16 it might suit your needs better

https://greyarro.ws/t/fpvuk-uas-implementing-regulation-article-16-operational-authorisation/22789

Crawley, Horsham. But willing to travel for a suitable location. Would you like to team up?

1 Like