West Yorks /NYorks meet?

Thanks Rich, it was our pleasure and thanks for the badge.

It really goes to show that for people new to Drones, the best way to give them confidence is to put them with one or two experienced pilots, so they can see first hand what their Drone is capable of and how to get the best from it.

And that was the whole purpose as far as I was concerned, of organising a meet-up.

Although I wasn’t new to flying at 400 feet, I appreciate that it is daunting to someone who hasn’t even seen a Drone at that height before.

It’s all about confidence, because let’s face it, these things are not toys, they are very expensive sophisticated pieces of equipment that are capable of going very fast and very high, and we don’t want to crash or lose one.

So here’s hoping that more meets happen where we can not only help those that have just purchased a Drone, but those seriously interested in getting started and need some guidance.

Oh and Wednesdays are out in future mate.

2 Likes

Mavic air owner here,near junction 26 on M62,would love to meet up with any flyers.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum, Jonathan!

I’m sure some of these other guys in that part of the country will respond to you soon. :+1:

1 Like

I am over in Halifax, there are quite a few of us in West Yorks.
Always up for a meet, just drop a message on here, am sure the West Yorks contingent will make one in.
Maybe not today though, just looked out of the window and it’s pi**ing it down.
Cheers

2 Likes

Worth valley steam railway (Keighley) steam trains and open fields?hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

@jonathantozer We are having a meet up on Wed this week.

Im Bradford Area too mate. Feel free to join us if you are able.

Meet is out at Ribblehead Viaduct at midday.

TheWood

Thanks for the offer but weekdays are pretty tied up,anytime over the weekend works for me.

No worries, im same but booked day off, makes a change from working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great evening with Mick at Castle hill Huddersfield yesterday.

1 Like

Try upping to you tube Dave easier to share but very good video
Hope you took a shot for the competition

Well done Dave. It was a good evening, even if we did need our big coats.
Cracking footage.:+1:

I normally link to YouTube but having a problem uploading to it. For some reason it’s not showing.

It’s all them other dodgy videos you have been upping :crazy_face:

Thats better.

https://youtu.be/MqfN2MvUyK8

6 Likes

That’s better Dave
I have seen the other post
Sorry for the late reply been to the Lowry tonight to watch “The Comedy about a robbery” if you get a chance a very funny classic farce

Where/when will be the next meet around n.yorks as i am in otley west yorkshire and would like to to meet up fly with others as a posed to flying solo

2 Likes

Hi Ryan / @Ryanflyer18 , and welcome to GADC.

That’s quite a fleet you have in your drone collection! :+1:

If you have a few spare moments - pop over to #introductions and tell us a little more!

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi that may also have ideas on locations.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

1 Like

Now then Ryan @Ryanflyer18
Just spotted your post.
I was over in Ilkley this morning, happy to meet up, perhaps go up to Cow and Calf if you fancy.
;tell me know your availability.
Drop me a pm.
Cheers
Mick

Hello Mick, let me know what you arrange I will see if I can get out of the ironing… Wedns, thursday or Fridays are best.

ronidog

Will do Dave @Ronidog
Let you know when I hear back from Ryan