What do you use as a lauch / land pad

After struggling to find a take off spot in a field, I have made this contraption. Testing will commence when the rain ceases.

3 Likes

Interesting idea, I like it

Good luck landing on it😉

4 Likes

Yeah. Hadn’t thought of that bit yet

I use a landing pad that’s about a 1m circle if I’m taking off from grass, otherwise I end up with an FPV camera covered in it.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m getting bored cos the weather. So I made it. I have a few days off work as I have holiday to use up. And it’s raining!

What about this…

Yeah saw that. Might have a go at modding it for my ground spike and bottom lipo. Looks groovy!

Why not just hand launch/hand catch?

It’ll probably chop my fingers off. There isn’t any gps hold on it.

1 Like

I use a carpet square

2 Likes

That’s a bloody good idea! It’s heavy so will flatten grass.
Admins, if you think it’s worth it, can you change the thread title to something like “What do you use as a lauch / land pad”

Done :+1:

Cheers man. No one will add now lol.

2 Likes

Rubber car mat works even better and seen as I mainly have the car with me when I’m out ;o)

1 Like

When I had the Spark I used one of these a few times in the long grass.
https://wowcamping.co.uk/productDetail/kampa-stick-table/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwi43oBRDBARIsAExSRQH015ehIffHvyxFnyyi0NYc2O4lxpG2BGDvYzIKqbd4-lS9dUKD9e8aAjhCEALw_wcB
The P4 and P4P would just fit on it as well, easier to hand catch though :smiley:

1 Like

Nice. I tested mine tonight. I had to calibrate the gyro on my bag cos the spike wobbles forever. But the launch worked fantastic.

2 Likes

How about strapping the metal spike to a wooden pole, or make another.

1 Like

It’s a work in progress. At the moment, it’s easy to carry. And it works a bloody treat! If I were to improve it, a tripod type of affair, I think, may fair better.

1 Like

Try one of those tables, the leg comes in two and clips in the underside for storage.