What drone? - Beginner - 300g payload

Beginner needs drone to carry a payload of 300gms (with return home feature), camera not important. Suggestions?

I would guess that a beginner really should be learning to fly a camera drone before worrying about carrying payloads, but that is just my opinion. A camera is a very very handy flight tool.
but just for some fun

2 Likes

DJI Matrice 600 will handle a 300g payload without breaking a sweat.

Sharing your budget with the group will open the floor to other recommendations too.

3 Likes

If you want cheap and cheerful a secondhand Phantom 1 or 2 would easily give you that. The benefit of a Phantom1 is that batteries are cheap and easily obtained. A Phantom 2 will give you longer flight times but the proprietary batteries can be difficult to obtain.

If nobody else is going to askā€¦

What are you wanting to lift?

Just curious :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

:thinking::shushing_face::shushing_face:
Iā€™d suggest you have a look at the Flight Restriction Zones too. You canā€™t get a DGI drone to fly into one without authorisation. HMPā€™s tend not to grant it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I thought so too, 300g seems very specific. Valentineā€™s Day delivery?

2 Likes

Maybe its going to be a Local drug mule, but will need a little tube for the customers fivers to be stored. :laughing:

2 Likes

I will be monitoring this thread :joy: this could go anywhere. I am intregued!

1 Like

Ditto :rofl::thinking::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing Article 94 is still in place?

A person must not cause or permit any article or animal (whether or not attached to a parachute) to be dropped from a small unmanned aircraft so as to endanger persons or property.

Iā€™m also curiousā€¦ I believe youā€™re fine to fly and land with a payload but you canā€™t release anything from the air :face_with_monocle:

If youā€™re dropping drugs and mobile phones off to a prison that minor airspace rule probably isnā€™t too much of a concern @anon52324101 :rofl:

1 Like

lol - good pointā€¦ but so cynicalā€¦ Iā€™m assuming itā€™s all above boardā€¦ most likely a medical student researching how to deliver a human heart to ā€œhard to reachā€ surgical theatres :slight_smile:

Having anaphylaxis i would like to think its actually to deliver epipens to people who have forgotten theirs and managed to climb to hard to reach place and then had a sandwich which was cross contaminated with a rogue sesame seed.

1 Like

Ahhh yes.

Thatā€™ll be it.

1 Like

On my epipen point above further research just now in my kitchen this really checks out, carry 4 epipens one underneath each rotor (this will provide the best load stablilty you see)

so 4 x epipens well what would the weight be?

Wouldnā€™t you knowā€¦

Funny story regarding epipens, traditionally any member of British military on operations would carry 2 morphine pens that would be used on them if they was injured. There was so many cases of squaddies trying to inject their mate and pressing the wrong side against the casualtys leg and inadvertently poling themselves that they have replaced said epipens with a loly pop!!

1 Like

I remember combo pens from my RAF days, used as a nerve gas antidote. Glad i never had a real one of those issued. I never got a lolly pop either, you squaddies get everything. We done the eating drill in the ā€œrespiratior testing facilityā€ which must not be refered to as a gas chamber, with custard creams spitting them all over the inside of an S10.

Happy days. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Yes ā€˜naps tabletā€™ to be taken 3 times a day whilst in a chemical warfare environment. Iā€™d much rather do that drill than the urination and dedication drill!!

WaterloggedSecondJumpingbean-size_restricted
And yes you absolutely cannot call it a gas chamber! Confidence testing facility ā€˜CTFā€™

1 Like