What is best way to add watermark to photos

Sounds like a very strange issue to me. Only advice I can think of is this:

1. Uninstall PS Elements, restart your PC, reinstall, try again.
  2. If the problem persists, when the dialog ‘that you cant see’ is supposed to be displayed, you can use WIN + TAB keys to show all active windows.
  3. What they mean when they say “empty display port”. Right click on your desktop and select Display Settings and check Multiple Monitors section is all correct.
But I doubt it is anything to do with this.

well it beats the crap out of me as to what’s wrong
1: tried the un/reinstall didnt work.
2: also tried win tab and alt tab… with all three screens swapped to be main display… no change.
3: definitely only tree displays listed… also no wireless.

I’ve spoken to Novatech who built the PC. the only thing they came up with was do a clean reinstall. but that is going to be a right pain in the aris. as widows is on a ssd and some program data is on secondary drives. its a lot of work to fix one program.

I’ll throw another classic IT chestnut onto the bonfire of your frustration:

Are your graphics drivers up to date?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling them?
Have you tried older drivers?

These are favourites when programs are doing weird shizzle graphically.

When uninstalling have you used Regedit to remove all entries for whatever you are getting rid of. Very few uninstalls clear the registry.

That’s a good suggestion, never used any reg edit stuff before but its worth a go…

thanks for the suggestion…
I have been keeping drivers up-to-date, but not tried older ones … worth seeing if i can find the original driver cd.

Quick question is there a way to water mark your pictures for free ??

Moved your post to this thread about Watermarks.

1 Like

Windows, I’d forgotten all about Irfanview, used it years ago and it’s still going with a batch edit that includes text and/or image watermarking.

and I still use it, when I remember :slight_smile:

@milkmanchris,
Perhaps you are decrying that I use them on this site? No one’s told me. ‘Restoring to original’ just dumps a lot of the effort I’ve put in after having had some photos “borrowed” without permission - it’s basic but it stops that completely! :joy:

@eastsuffolkdrone
What software are you using to edit your photos ?

@Kirky,
I use the unusually clunky Apple SE 2020 onboard system.

Oh ok,
That’s easy enough, rather than a long winded explanation for a quick easy solution, I just managed to find a link, if your only using your phone this is the only option I know of that iOS offers, unless you have an editing app on your phone that your using, then I would not know, but this works anyway,
I would imagine if you’ve managed to create what you have plastered across the top of your picture, then maybe you might know the majority in this link if used in the photo app, here you go anyway :+1:t2:
I’ve used it before just trying it out, you can be more subtle with it rather than ruin your picture, no disrespect.

@eastsuffolkdrone just for illustration below

1 Like

Not at all, just when it’s a third of the photo it takes away the beauty.

If anyone wants to use them they are so easily removed nowadays anyway :person_shrugging: