Where to attach Flytron Cree LED on a Mini 2 for best visibility

Ouch! I have just remembered - I have a steel - reinforced wax carvers glove designed to protect against a slipped scalpel - I might just try that! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I did/always do.
Wind caught it and it dropped and I ā€œheardā€ the props hit something.
Oh, itā€™s my fingerā€¦

I always make sure the front is pointing away from me, launch it and as I launch take a big step back so there is plenty of distance between me and the drone until it settles. I always have lost fingers in the back of my mindā€¦ :woozy_face:

Good tip thanks!

So I have found the answer to those nasty sharp prop bladesā€¦ I was sorting out my workshop and I came across my mould cutters glove. I cut moulds open with a surgeons scalpel. Horrendously sharp and a slip can be a painful disaster so I used to use a glove made of fabric which is a weave of cotton and stainless steel. Itā€™s tough enough to stop a scalpel so I thought a plastic prop stands no chance so I donned the glove and practiced hand launching and catching the drone until I was getting it right every time. I still have all my fingers and the drone still has all its blades! result!!!

2 Likes

What colours do you guys use. I was thinking a red/green combo but most of my flying will be in daylight so would a single white strobe be better. Also as this thread is ā€œmatureā€ what is the preference for rear v downwards?

If you attach it to the rear youā€™ll only be able to see it with the drone facing in one direction (ie. away from you). Pointing it downwards will give you far greater visibility angles.

Iā€™d always go for white, itā€™s the brightest of all the colours available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isnā€™t there a pending rule update that a drone has to have a green light at night?

1 Like