Where to fly in Bournemouth

Hi there.
I am new to drone flying and where you can fly.
I live in Bournemouth Dorset and was looking for good places to fly.
Many thanks

Hi @80steve and welcome to Grey Arrows.

There are a few GADC members around your way so they might be able to offer some advice but in the mean time check our Drone Scene for your area as there are a few pins dropped on the map already:

Thank you

You can fly your drone from any crown land

The Crown grants permission for UAD flights over Crown Estate foreshore (defined as the land between mean high water and mean low water).

Just remember not to break any of the other drone code laws.

Crown Land

https://crownestate.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=0aac22685d2f4d78a2a3b0a5aa1660db

@80steve
Hi Steve, I live in Bournemouth, Southbourne, I have flown in a few places around Bournemouth. I’ll send you a message and maybe we can chat there or elsewhere.

A Crown Estate foreshore and estuary map layer is also available on Drone Scene so you can ensure your location doesn’t fall inside an NFZ too:

The Crowne Estates map is very useful, thanks

https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/Parks/ThingstoDo/flyingmodelaircraft-and-drones.aspx

Hi Horton Folly is a little way, but very nice place, I have walked to it but never flown there as had our Choccy Lab with me and there were lots of sheep :sheep: If anyone is up for a visit, I would certainly come along!

LINK TO Horton Folly

1 Like

Looks a nice place. Don’t know if I would be able to do the walk tho as having stage 3 heart failure stops me doing a lot.

Hi from Wimborne, Dorset. To keep myself sane I took to building a couple of drones during lockdown. Now it’s opening up a bit I would like to go somewhere to learn to fly them. (I did a brief test and got one stuck in a tree.) However, I’m finding it difficult to find a place where drones are allowed. Does anyone local to Bournemouth have any suggestions? I have looked at Drone Scene but there doesn’t seem to be too many options around here, especially for a learner like me.

@fairb your post has been moved to an existing thread on the very same subject. Please have a look at the above recommendations.