Which drone shall I buy with a zoom lens?

I have a mini 2. Which I take photos videos etc, but I would like a drone with better zoom, I know there are some high end drones with Film making like Facilities but they are big, my question is in the smaller end of the market like mavics etc, my thinking is Mavic 2 but I’m looking for something other than DJI my reason flight restrictions for what seems like no reason, something I can get up into the air, obviously following safety rules & caution ,

1 Like

Hi mate
You’re probably looking at the Autel range if you don’t want DJI, as far as I know, there’s no restrictions on them. But they are expensive compared to DJI drones, and there’s not that many in the country compared to the Mavics etc. The camera’s are supposed to be very good and flight times are more than enough. There’s rumours (more than rumours) of a smaller (cheaper?) range coming out soon, so you could wait annd see what pops up in the next few weeks.

John

So flight restrictions on DJI drones can be removed quite easily for a small cost.
Infact you can remove pretty much all of their extra safety controls should you wish - see here (How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic Air, Air 2, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, or DJI FPV drone with "Drone Hacks")
Having flown many drones for both photography and FPV I would not venture away from DJI especially as you are a relatively new drone pilot.

2 Likes

What’s your budget @Clockmaker ?

Only when we know how much you’re looking to spend can we get you some decent recommendations.

1 Like

Hi I have a mini, I’m probably going to go for the DJI Mavic 2s pro, I have seen a few around with the flymore for around a £1000, does using the app howard78 cause any problems with the drone, the camera seems to be nearly as good as the Autel

I picked up a Mavic 2 pro, I probably on reflection might have gone for a Mavic 2 zoom but it was a good price with Yardley any use, my thing is now what photo software is best ?, I still have my mini 2 that’s my go to drone, I’ll be getting the download from drone hacks so I can fly them without restrictions obviously following safety 1st and always, but should get some great pics with the Mavic 2 pro then do some cropping etc, going drone mad I think, I’ll aft to stop buying for a while b​:grin::grin:

Congrats on your new purchase!

Please try a few searches as this subject is discussed on a very regular basis :blush:

I’m really happy with the drone but it’s intermittently not linking up with the fly 4 app any ideas​:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Well worked out the problem it was me :grimacing: never followed the on-screen instructions properly Start up the app then plug your mobile into the controller then switch the controller on follow the screen it links right away, tryed it 3 times spot on, Well that pushed my anxiety through the roof for a bit, now I will aft to reinstall all the other things I thought caused me a problem :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: